Chapter 8

Kate's POV

School finished and Blake was no where to be seen. I was beyond worried and i kinda missed him. Yes he was rude and flirty but i felt comfortable around him. After work I walked home not even the cute animals could cheer me up. When i turned onto my walkway I saw that black Lexus I've grown fond of. I rushed in but stopped dead in my tracks at the sight before me; my heart shattered. Why? Blake was packing his stuff. I turned around and rushed to the staircase, i was almost half way down when i twisted my foot and fell. I rolled down the remaining stairs and my head collided with the ground and instantly the darkness took over.

Blake POV

I was packing my clothes when i heard the front door opened and then closed signalling that Kate was here. I heard when she came up behind me but i continued packing. I wasn't surprised when she ran out the room i mean she's always running away but what shocked the fuck out of me was when instead of hearing the patter from her tiny feet as she rushed down the stairs, I heard something that I was all too familiar with.... The sound of a body rolling down the staircase. I turned and sprinted towards the stairs only to see Kate's fragile form unconscious at the bottom of the staircase. All the blood drained from my face, why must it always end with me packing and Kate unconscious. I lifted Kate's fragile form and brought her to the bed where i lay her down and removed her shoes. I didn't want to leave but she pissed me the fuck off yesterday. After i left school i went straight to the garage, it calmed me down as usual but i haven't slept from yesterday and I'm tired as hell. Taking up the suitcase i placed it in the closet, stripped leaving only my boxers on, got into bed and taking Kate's unconscious form into my arms. I buried my head into her neck and almost instantly I fell asleep.

Kate's POV
I woke up pressed against his rock hard body. I inhaled his cologne, my mind flashed back to the image of him packing up his stuff and I was overwhelmed by sadness. I don't want to be alone not anymore. I got up wanting to prepare dinner but was greeted by a horrible pain in my leg. I whimpered but still I was trying to bare it but that became impossible when I lost my balance falling on my sprained ankle.
"Ahh" I screamed as I went down my hands shooting out to help myself but it was all in vain. Water filled my eyes all I could think of was pain and all I saw was blur; so I was frightened when I felt Blake hands on my body lifting me up. When he laid me on the bed he yelled " Are you out of your mind, why are you hurting yourself". " Why do you care aren't you leaving" I shouted. " what the fuck are you talking about?" he asked completely taken aback and confused. "You were packing up your things earlier" I mumbled. "Oh. I thought you didn't want me here because of how you reacted at school". " I only reacted like that because your girlfriend slapped me in the face and called me a slut! if you had a girlfriend why did you come here and not go to her" I responded. "Sigh she is not my girlfriend" he explained. " Then why did she say that she was" I questioned. "I don't know maybe because she wanted to be more popular , how should I know what goes on in that bitch's head" he continued " We only fuck nothing more; ok?" he said. "oh okay" I responded then rolled over on the bed turning my back to him. I don't know why I had to get mixed up in all this drama I did my best all these years to stay hidden.

Blake went to the bathroom and came back with a wrap for my ankle.

Silence fell in the room.

I was getting up when he stopped me and asked "where you going?"

"to make dinner" I replied.

"nahh sit down ill cook tonight don't worry" he said then continued "get some rest"

"oh okay" I said before he left

Minutes later sleep consumed me.

"Kate wake up dinner is ready" Blake whispered.