Chapter 58

Kate's POV

February 9, 2018 Friday

The entire week has been nothing short of perfect. There were absolutely no accidents or scenes. For some reason Jessica stayed clear of me while, strangely Camryn was absolutely no where to be seen. No texts nothing. Blake has been super attentive especialluy when it came to school work. He was next to me 80% of the time. The 20% consisted of when we were at work (He goes when I am working and returns by 8:30pm latest). Everything was perfect. We stayed up and had all sorts of conversations and for the first time since we returned to RoseValley my heart and anxiety was at peace. I never brought up Jessica nor did he. I just did not want to focus on any negativity. I only wanted to focus on us and try to make his love for me sprout because mine has already had huge strong roots and is beginning to grow out of my body. It's really hard when you aren't love by the whole reason for your existence but at least he's here.

It was 7:20am and we were in the car on our way to school. We were in the parking lot when Blake locked the car with the master lock on his side stopping me from exitting the car. So I turned to face him.

"Yes whats wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing I just need to tell you that I have to leave for the weekend. At lunch time I will be heading out. So I won't be able to take you to work." He explained.

My bubble popped. I felt impending doom. Like I was being forced back to reality. Sigh, when you think that something is too good to be true; it normally is.

"But why?" I cried.

"I can't tell you the exact reason. You just have to trust me for now. It'll all make sense soon and you'll understand then." He persuaded but my heart wasn't having any of it. It tightened and so was my lungs. I just felt like I was suffocating.

I turned around and switched the car door lock. I quickly opened the door and rushed out before Blake could stop me. I didn't want to hear anything he would say. I know that they would all be lies. It's obvious that he must be going back to his "beloved Jessica". I am no match for that Blonde, big chested perfect, popular supermodel. Of course Blake would eventually get tired of plain boring Kate who even now can't keep her boyfriend satisfied with their relationship.

The tears kept rushing down my face and i ran past the sea of students straight into the bathroom; where i hid myself in a stall and sobbed.

After about 20 minutes when there were no0 tears left to cry i went to class. Ignoring everyone's curious stares and Blake's apologetic one.

Multiple times until lunch he tried to make conversation with me but I didn't respond. _Why should I entertain someone who no longer wants me? _

I know that i did not want to lose Blake but what can I possibly do right now. The game was already lost. Jessica won while i was still fumbling at the starting point.

Blake left and I went to sit at my old spot behind the school. I just wanted some peace before I had to endure the torment and mockery.

Camryn walked up, "Why are you sitting here? What's wrong?" she questioned.

"It's nothing" I lied.

"Did you and that douche had a fight?" She pried futher.

"No" I answered.

"Did you guys break up?" She said in a high pitched voice as though it would make her whole day better.

"No Camryn, we are fine." I said frustratedly.

"Then why are your eyes swollen and why are you not having lunch and also where did he go?" She asked curiously.

"My eyes are swollen because they were itchy. I am not hungry and Blake left for the weekend." I said as though all was perfect in the world.