Chapter 72

Kate's POV

March 13, 2018

My phone started ringing immediately after I hung up.

"Katherine! How dare you hang up on me! Thanks to you; your dad and I have been having sleepless nights! And don't you dare mention that Jessica's name to me." My mother yelled over the phone.

I continued walking ignoring her hysterics.

"Katherine are you listening to me?" She yelled.

"Why didn't you tell me that that boyfriend of yours was Clark's Godson?" She asked.

"He was the sole reason we came to get you the 13th. We had wanted to introduce you both at the party in hopes of a possible business merger through an arranged marriage!" My mom said causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

"What?" I said.

"You didn't know? How could you not know that your boyfriend is working for one of the most successful companies in the country and that the CEO is his God father??" My mother said as though I was the dumbest person ever.

"How was I to know?" I said.

"Listen never mind that. You need to talk to him. He is suing us. They have better lawyers and we are in the wrong. The lawyer suggested that it was best that we apologize and use you to gain his forgiveness." She said.

"Look that's impossible. Thanks to you both my relationship is ruined. Blake is ignoring my messages and calls. Heck he's even moved out. I last saw him like a month ago and he didn't even spare me a second thought so no. I cannot help you and even if I could. I will not help you. Enjoy court." I snapped.

"I begged you not to but you didn't listen. That's what you get for listening to Jessica Spear." I said.

"Listen hear young lady...."

I hung up. There is nothing left for me to say to those people.

I buried my face into my hands. It hurts to know that the only reason they came here was to use me to expand their business and that they are only calling to use me once again. I am their daughter. She didn't even ask me how I was doing.

I hurried home and grabbed a beer the second I reached in. Derek gave me a nice black dress yesterday to wear today. I took it out and the matching shoes then went to shower. I needed to get drunk.

I showered, threw my hair into a high pony tail then put on a lacey underwear set. I felt and looked so sexy in the mirror. I got dressed then called Derek to pick me up.

Derek was outside so I grabbed my purse and went to meet him.

"Hey you ready?" I said excitedly.

"Can we talk for a sec?" He said scratching his head.

"Sure"

"Kate, I really like you. I never thought I would, but I do. It seems to grow by the second." He confessed.

"Yeah, okay."

"I know that we haven't been hanging out for long but it's almost a month. Can we try being in a relationship. I have never been in one before but for you I am willing to learn." He said looking at his feet then looking back at me.

"I am still with Blake and I am inlove with him." I pointed out.

"Blake isn't coming back Katherine. He's moved to the big city. He's not the forgiving type."

"Then I'll go to him when I have saved up some more. I just need this month's paycheck."

"That bastard doesn't deserve you. He's probably there fucking half of Atlanta. Blake doesn't want you anymore!"