-Warm hugs-

Today's art credits are: frixska on Instagram

Requested: no
Character: Tommy
Setting: his house

Possible triggers for this chapter:
• Feeling isolated/alone
• Crying/breakdown

___________•***•___________
|*~Tommy POV (1rst person)~*|

Warm hugs would usually make you think of your mother, when your sad she would give you a blanket, tissues, cookies, whatever you wanted. She would give you hugs and comfort when you needed it.

Or your father, you'd feel safe and protected in his arms, he wouldn't let anyone hurt you.

Usually these memories would make you smile and remember how much your parents love you, but they only make me sad.

I'm only 14, I'm just a kid and I've probably been through more than most of our generations parents. And I don't feel like I can tell mine any of it. Or anyone really.

I wish I could but I've began to feel too disconnected from them, like they're strangers I need to get to know better even though I've known them my whole life.

Every hug I feel farther and farther away from them. It's not their fault but it's hard not to feel alone when they missed out on very significant parts of your life, especially when you needed them there most.

I'm beginning to feel numb to it. No emotion is shared from my part when I'm shown affection, it just passes me by without me realizing it's even happening, the main part of sharing physical contact with another human is to strengthen your emotional bond but you can't reinforce walls that aren't even there. 

___________•***•___________
|*~No POV~*|

Tommy shut the door lightly and began to set his stuff down, he had gone to school today so it was around 3 o'clock when he arrived back home.

(I'm just using my schools time for this as it is the easiest 👍)

He took off his shoes and walked to the living room to find his mother sitting there looking at something on her computer.

"Hey toms! How was your day?"

"Tiring." he responded

"Oh, I get that, did anything interesting happen today?"

"Nope." He once again responded with a one word answer.

"Uhh ok well, any updates on the assignment you turned in recently?"

"Not yet." Two words this time, that's atleast more than before.

"Honey, I feel like we've been a little distant lately, is something going on?"

He was suddenly more alert of the conversation, although he was now panicking he tried his best to answer normally and not sound suspicious.

"I-uhh, n-well, uh" well that didn't exactly work. With his body now obviously shaking and his eyes beginning to water it was quite obvious something was going on.

"Hey, hey, come here." She said opening her arms and walking towards the quivering boy.

He melted into the embrace, now fully crying. He clutched to her like she was his last life line as he was drifting out to sea, breaking down and finally releasing the tears that had been pushed back for a long time.

She didn't mind though, she knew her son needed it, she didn't know why but she knew he was very vulnerable right now and that he really just needed, a hug.

___________•***•___________
532 words

Shorter one but I hope you liked it, (also ik its posted a little later sorry) I love talking/responding to your comments so please if you are reading my stuff and being a ghost, do not be afraid to engage, I actually want you to/nm

Also I finally got my first dose of the COVID vaccine! Kinda scary considering my fear of medication but ik its worth it (:

I love you all sm <3
I hope your having a great day/night/whatever time of the day it is for you
And here's an optional headpat, hug, or handshake
And here is your blue: 👕👖👔🧢