-Night out, lights out-

Art creds to: Lazeolus on instagram <333

Requested: No
Character: Wilbur
Setting: Wilburs house, Gas station

TWS for this chapter:
• Fire/burning things
• Fighting
• Panic attack mention

A/N: WOOO 2/4 CHAPTERS, ANYWAYS ENJOY THIS RANDOM IDEA I THREW DOWN WOOT WOOT

___________•***•___________
|*~Wilbur POV (3rd person)~*|

It was 1:15 am and Wilbur was having a panic attack under his desk. Why you may ask? No clue. One moment he was sitting on his bed writing lyrics to a song he knew, next moment he couldn't breathe.

Maybe it was school, maybe it was his underlying worry for his health, or it could be that he had been inside too long. Yeah, that's it. His ceiling too far away but his walls to close. It's normal he would feel suffocated.

Well.. what was he going to do about it? Take a walk of course. It wasn't the smartest idea, but the worst that could happen was if he got ran over by a car. Of course that wouldn't happen though..

He slipped on his khaki coat on over his jumper and headed out. Out his window just to be clear. He was on ground level so it's not like he had to pull some dangerous stunt to get down.

Taking a deep breath in, the crisp September air cleared the stuffiness of his room. This was already so much better. 

The only people on his street were elderly so he wasn't worried about being seen.

As he wandered down the bumpy and cracking pavement he kicked a small pine cone, following its movement. He didn't know when he'd be back home but this was nice. The only thing that would be better than this was if he had a lighter.

He was mesmerized by the glow of fire.

So he picked up the pine cone and made his way to the gas station, he should be able to buy a lighter with pocket money, I mean, if 10 dollars would do it.

The small ding of a bell could be heard as he entered the store. 3 teenagers were at the front, one guy working the register, one leaning against the wall, and one sitting on the counter.

They all looked over to Wilbur when he came in but quickly resumed their conversation. Wilbur felt a little weird but he brushed it off.

There were only matches at the counter, it'll do. Wilbur didn't want to go up there but he also didn't want to seem like a weirdo just standing there so he pretended to look for something in one of the aisles.

He glanced at the boys from before, the one sitting on counter was wearing a bandana and had ash black hair as well as dark circles. The one on the wall had dark brown hair that led into a mullet, a blue sweater covered his bony arms, he looked too weak to throw a punch but from the bandaids and scratches it was obvious that was a lie. Then the guy at the register, he looked nicer than the other two, well in terms of friendliness, unlike the other two he was smiling. He had freckles and dark circles, definitely less noticeable than the black haired boy though.

The mullet boy seemed to notice him staring and scowled, he quickly averted his eyes. His anxiety was rising again but he just wanted to get the lighter and go, so he worked up enough courage to walk up to the counter.

They all stopped talking and looked to him... Freckles spoke first

"Hey there, how may I help you?"

"Uh.. just this please.." Wilbur said quietly, he grabbed one of the match boxes

"Mmmk.. that'll be a dollar and 23 cents" He said typing something then scanning the box.

The bandana and mullet guy looked at eachother and started giggling at something. Wilbur felt uneasy

He probably looked like a weirdo, buying matches from a gas station at a quarter to 2 in the morning.

"Thank you.." Wilbur said as the guy handed him the box

He just nodded and went back to talking with who Wilbur assumed were his friends.

Wilbur then left the store. Everything about this felt wrong. He felt like he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, I mean he technically was.. Sneaking out in the early morning to light things on fire doesn't seem like something his dad would want him to be doing right now. He just had to make sure he was home before 6:25, that would be doable.

But I mean.. what if his dad found out he left, what if something happened to him- what if he got lost or or- got stranded somewhere cause he injured his leg- Or what if he DID get hit by a car- what if-

No. None of that would happen. He'll be fine. He took another deep breath and sat down on the pavement. He was a way across from the gas station but he could still see the glowing sign.

He was quick to take a match out. Fumbling with the box with shaky hands he grabbed the small wooden stick and swiped it across the outside, watching it catch the flame and start to smoke.

He held it up to the pine cone which he left on the pavement and swatted out the match. Watching the fire dance across the pine cone and turn it to dust was calming. As soon as it was out though, his anxiety came back.

So he grabbed another pine cone, and another match and repeat. He did this again and again and again. Every time it went out he felt worse and worse. Then he had his last match, he lit it and watched the pine cone burn up. Then it was gone.

He felt like he was about to throw up. Obviously it wasn't just being inside that made him anxious, he didn't know what it was but he wanted it to stop. He had an idea.

*ding*

He may have opened the door a bit too dramatically cause the 3 boys from before were now staring at him weirdly.

"Can I help you...? again?" Freckles said

"Uh- yes. yes! This is gonna sound weird but uh-" Wilbur stuttered out

"Can you beat me up?"

They all exchanged a glance

"I- I have 10 dollars.."

__________•***•____________

"YEAHHH GET EM PANDAS!" Freckles shouted, apparently that was the bandana guys name 'pandas' strange but Wilbur went with it, the punches from him sure were distracting.

Wilbur had a black eye and a bloody nose, but he wasn't fighting back. The guys friends were cheering him on as he delivered a knee to the gut, Wilbur hunched over and fell to the ground as the guy kept kicking him. With one last kick, wilbur was lights out.

It's safe to say he wouldn't be home by 6:25 (he's not dead)

___________•***•___________
1154 words

He's not dead, he just went home late, do not fret </3

Also, did you like my dteam mention?

Pandas <3333

I DONT HAVE ANYMORE TO SAY, GOODBYE

As always you guys are amazing <333
I hope you're having a great day/night/whatever time it is for you
Here's an optional hug headpat or handshake 🤝🫂
And here's some blue: 👤👤👤👤

-Crow 🦷