-Empty house empty bed-

Art creds to: dana_delion on instagram :D

Requested: no
Character: Techno
Setting: His house

TWs for this chapter:
• Losing pets
• Knife 🔪

A/N: Fourth chapter tonight, I hope you all are enjoying my quadruple update. Shhh, it's a secret but... it was supposed to be five chapters not four.. I got stuck rushing to make a present so I didn't write the last one, but there will be four next week too, so enjoy this before I close off the book, and enjoy this chapter even though it's short <3

___________•***•___________
|*~Techno POV (1st person)~*|

I stepped out of my car, it now being parked in the garage. I couldn't say I liked work but it was a distraction so I didn't mind.

You see, recently I had to put down my dog.. her liver was failing so i'm glad she's not hurting anymore, but.. I miss her. I miss her too much.

She's been with me since I was a kid, so it feels weird to not have her around anymore. It feels even weirder to acknowledge the fact she's gone.

As I walk to the front of my house, I notice the doggie door.

I remember she ran out of there once to chase who knows what. I had tried to get her back inside for almost an hour before I gave up, she finally followed me back. We were both covered in dirt and leaves..

The scratches on the hardwood floors left there from stolen socks and shoes, I always hated chasing her around trying to get back whatever she took. She sure is persistent.

Oh and, the chip in the marble counter! You'd be surprised how that got there.. She once stole a knife from one of the drawers. I don't know how.. but I swear my life flashed before my eyes. she was sitting on the counter with it as I was trying to get it back, she must have thought we were playing because she tried to jump off with it. Thank god nothing happened to her, but the knife scratched the stone and chipped it, making her drop the knife. The counter took one for the team...

Im sure the carpets still have some fur in them too, she shed like a monster. Hair everywhere, all the time. On all my clothes, on the floors, e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e

And the worst.. her dent in the couch. I now sit next to it, staring at where she would always sit. But she wasn't there.

The house suddenly feels so empty. I feel alone for the first time in a while. I guess it finally hit me.

My dog, and best friend was gone.

You know.. we love to hate the things we'll miss when they're gone. I'd give anything to chase her around for hours. No matter how much my legs hurt, and how tired I was, i'd do it again and again if it meant I got to see her.

But that's no more than a wish. Life is unfair and pets leave you no matter if you want them to or not. You know that if they had the choice they'd stay with you forever...

But life keeps moving and soon you'll forget. So I know I won't always feel like this, but right now i'm drowning and I need something to save me.

I cant get another, because I know I couldn't love them as much as they deserve.

But the warmth that a small thing such as a dog can provide, is what i'm missing and have been missing.

Now I sit on my bed, doing just that.

Missing her silhouette in the dark of my room as I drift to sleep.

___________•***•___________
615 words

Very short.. so apologies, but i'm struggling for ideas, and I was struggling for time, so this is what I got

But I hope it was still maybe kind of somehow meaningful

That's my goal, not to write "the best" or the most, it's to write good chapters. And if they happen to be long that's better, but this is okay too

Thank you all for sticking around ily guys <3
I hope you're having a great day/night/whatever time it is for you
Here's an optional hug headpat or handshake
And some blue: 🛼🧊🥣🫐🌊🐠👕

- Crow 🧍