[R/D]chapter seven: the rush of a hunt.

[Odly enough the bayou ski bayou song is caught in my head while writing this chapter]

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crawling through the dirt has never been so scary, if i get up there's a chance I'll get caught...its probably only been a few hours, this is gonna take forever.

"Little Rabbit, i doubt you can hide much longer, humans cant function without food or water, and i know fully well that you haven't had either since you've arrived."
Lady dimitrescu calls out, i watch from the stair banisters.

She starts to walk up the stairs, so i quickly, but quietly, go to another room, crawling under a bed.

I hope the sun is rising soon, i cant stand running, i could probably stand it if its just for my own life, but its for Ben's, he's probably scared, locked away somewhere dark...every single cell in me is telling me to help him, but how can i help him if i don't even know where he is?? I need to win this...

"Little rabbit little rabbit, where may you be..."
I hear from the halls, i wait until i cant hear her footsteps, then i get out from under the bed and open the door, walking down the stairs.

i go back to the entrance, the door is barricaded, not like I'd really want to leave alone, and since Lady Dimitrescu would know that, maybe she wouldn't look here.

"Hm..."
I hum, staring at the door.

A banging on the door snaps me out of my worried trance, i dart my eyes around and manage to duck under a table to the left of the door, Lady discrimitu storms in and opens the door.

"Oh...Mother Miranda, what brings you here?"
Lady dimitrescu asks...thank god she doesn't see me.

"I have come to inform you that your humans have been chosen, they will be staying with you until tomorrow at sunrise, you will soon not have to worry about them."
A woman says, im guessing its Mother Miranda.

"Humans? As a...plural? I thought i would be keeping one, Mother Miranda, what changed?"
Lady dimitrescu asks.

"A heated argument against heisenberg and Angie made me think that since you seem to have so much of your nutritious liquid inside your home, you wouldn't miss another human leaving."
Mother Miranda says...is Ben coming with me? That's great! We can escape once we find an opening!

"So...who would be taking the humans?"
Lady dimitrescu asks.

"As i said, Angie and Heisenberg had gotten into an argument about the human, heisenberg seemed very aggressive about keeping the one your daughters had a drawing made of, while Angie just wanted a play-thing, so we will give the originally planned one to Heisenberg."
Mother Miranda explains.

"I...i understand, b-but if a human wished to stay, would they have a choice?"
Lady dimitrescu asks.

"I suppose if a human wishes to stay and you wish to keep it, then you could speak to heisenberg or Angie about sharing the human."
Mother Miranda says.

"This information is greatly appreciated Mother Miranda."
Lady dimitrescu says.

"I must be going now, goodbye."
Mother Miranda says.

"Farewell..!"
Lady dimitrescu says, i hear the door close.

"Damn it all, that fool heisenberg is going to take them away from my grasp...if i win, they would have to stay...rabbit! Where are you??"
Lady dimitrescu calls out, walking away.

Who is heisenberg? Is Ben not coming with me...? Well, at least i know who may be kidnapping him, i can escape whoever heisenberg is and then rescue Ben from whoever has him, then escape this horrible Village!

I slowly crawl out from under the table, walking in the hallway, i see through a window that the sun is just about to go down, I've almost won!

"RABBIT. i am running out of time for your insolent games, come out this instant or you will make me cross!"
Lady dimitrescu shouts from a hall, i quickly run to a large corner table and duck down under it.

"They are driving me mad, its nearly sundown and if i don't find them, that foolish man heisenberg will take them...damn it all!"
Lady dimitrescu yells, i hear something crash.

So close....Ben, you'll be safe soon..

I hear footsteps near my direction.

"RABBIT, COME OUT THIS INSTANT!"
Lady Dimitrescu yells, i can see the bottom of her dress, she is right next to my hiding spot.

Its nearing time...just a minute or so...come on!

"IF YOU DO NOT REVEAL YOURSELF, YOU WILL ANGER A VERY POWERFUL PERSON!!"
Lady dimitrescu screams, stomping her feet in fury.

Come on, so close! Just a few more seconds, please!

"...oh?"
Lady dimitrescu mumbles, she suddenly crouches down, before smiling.

"No..no!"
I whimper.

"It looks like i have won the hunt, Rabbit."
Lady dimitrescu says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out from under the table.

I...i lost?