[R/D]chapter forty: malicious love.

About those cards, we passed a boy in the town we're staying at and he just...stared at me, it felt weird.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i should turn back...i know that, Karl is probably waiting for me, he might be worried...but i need to know what this ceremony thing is, if Karl hasn't mentioned it, he might not know about it either...so figuring this out is important.

Im not dumb, i probably cant take her myself, so doing this and getting caught means death...but if it helps Karl, i don't care about the risk.

"Ah, there you are!"
Miranda coos, i peek from my hiding spot and see her speaking to somebody, unfortunately, i cant see them from this spot.

"Let us begin this meeting you've do desperately wanted."
Miranda says, walking away, i quickly stalk after her..who is she speaking to? Lady Dimitrescu?

I turn the corner she went to and see a church of some sort, the door is closed, but there's windows all over it. I run to a cracked window and go on my knees, peeking into it to see Miranda standing near where the pedestal is supposed to be.

"Now, i am a very busy woman, Alcina, what may have possessed you to have put me here?"
Miranda asks. Alcina again...

"Mother Miranda, the four Lords have become half their original size, i fear that my daughters and i shall be next."
A familiar voice says, suddenly, a tall figure walks into my point of vision and sits down.

...Lady Dimitrescu, so she is Alcina.

"I do not know what you mean, the human could not take down your daughters, and certainly not you, what do you mean by this absurd claim?"
Miranda asks.

"I....I'm not certain of this claim, Mother, but two of the Lords have died, the killer would not stop at that, i fear for my daughters..!"
Lady Dimitrescu says.

Did Miranda say that I'm who killed the two Lords...? How did she find out? Hopefully she doesn't know Karl was involved, from what I've heard of his childhood, she wouldn't be easy on him for it..

"You are to hunt this human down, that is your job, and as your Mother i command that you follow through to this tasks completion!"
Miranda shouts.

"...why do you wish to harshly to take this humans life? I have never seen you this determined over a mere mortal life."
Lady Dimitrescu says.

"Do you truly believe that is a normal human, Alcina? You seem to have no sense of the truth."
Miranda says...is she talking about the two 'Lords' me and Karl killed? She thinks im super human because of that?

"What are you saying?"
Lady Dimitrescu asks.

"I seem to have gotten ahead of your mental capacity, Alcina. You may leave for now, i have things to care for."
Miranda says, Lady Dimitrescu stands up and looks at Miranda with worry.

"But Mother Miran-"

"I said you may leave. immediately."
Miranda hisses, Lady Dimitrescu walks out with no more words, but Miranda still stands there.

"Oh my poor child...i cannot blame you for what you may think..."
Miranda mumbles.

She walks over to a seat and sits, staring at the door.

"For even fate has drawn their end...but i am stronger than a silly destiny."
Miranda says, pulling a small file out from under the chair, its labeled 'classified' and has what looks like a spread out globe and some writing i cant see well from here.

A sudden feeling creeps into my mind...i feel anxious, i need to get out of here...my head feels like its going to explode at any second.

I slowly back away from the church, once im a good enough distance, i sprint away, going into the village and heading towards Karl's factory.

"Destiny? Alcina?? What the fuck is she doing..?!"
I mumble to myself, the cold air sticking to me and running shivers up and down my entire body.

Miranda was speaking like a fucking loon, Lady Dimitrescu said she wants me? Does she want me dead?? And what the hell was that destiny shit she was talking about, something to do with the ceremony thing...??

I finally see the Factory, but as i try to climb up the stairs, i fall and hit my head, a searing pain coming from both my now bruised head and my Leg.

"Shit..!"
I wince, closing my eyes and trying to catch my breath, suddenly, im pulled up by my arm, i quickly open my eyes back to see Karl...a very pissed Karl.

"Karl! Perfect, listen, we need to-"

"Where the fuck have you been?!"
Karl growls, squeezing my wrist tightly and cutting off my sentence. i can feel his nails dig into my skin.

"I know You're mad, but listen to me!"
I protest..he needs to hear this, it could be life threatening!

"I told you to stay in the fucking factory!! Miranda is lurking around the village, and that tall bitch is on the search! What the hell possessed you to leave?!"
Karl yells, i try to pry his grip of me, but it stays painfully strong.

"I saw something, something really fucking bad!"
I yell back, he isn't listening, i saw Lady Dimitrescu and Miranda plot my death, then Miranda go on about 'destiny'!

"'You saw something'?! You left the factory and ran into the Village because you 'saw something'?! Fucking bullshit!"
Karl growls, now walking back to the Factory, his grip on me feels like hell.

"Hey, I can walk on my own!"
I shout.

"Apparently i cant fucking trust you!!"
Karl says, pulling me along.

"I had to go, you don't understand!!"
I say, he stops walking and turns to me, without his sunglasses on i can see his death glare.

"You're the one who doesn't understand here, you fucked over everything."
Karl says, grabbing the sunglasses he gave me and putting them back on.

He isn't listening, Miranda is plotting some sort of ritual and Lady Dimitrescu is trying to hunt me down, we could both die by tomorrow if i don't explain this...but he isn't listening to me! How do i make him listen?!