seven

Y/N, JJ, BEN, AND EMMA RUSHED to the entrance hall. The boys being extra excited to put their names into the Goblet of fire.

The two Gryffindor boys were grinning broadly – as the girls gave each other questioning looks.

The four were approaching the goblet, finding a bunch of other students there as well.

The Slytherin clique such as Draco Malfoy and his little helpers were talking with the Durmstrang blokes.

Y/n was alright with Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini – never really had a problem with them. They seemed like great people.

She would even say she was friends with them – they were very much accepting of Emma who was a muggle born. Being a halfblood herself, Y/n never got much insults and name calling.

Theo caught Y/n's eyes. Smiling and waving to her. She soon waved back to be polite.

"It's the big day!" JJ shouted excitedly, skipping to the goblet, "JJ Lewis, Hogwarts' future champion."

"Or Ben Wilson," Ben butted in. JJ shook his head, patting his best friend's shoulder, "Keep dreaming, mate."

"How are you two going to do this?" Emma asked, "Dumbledore drew an age line." JJ's eyes twinkled as he answered, "The Weasley twins and Lee Jordan gave us their aging potion!"

"Of course they did," Y/n said underneath her breath. "Oh, that's Jace!" squealed Emma abruptly, seeing Jace with his Hufflepuff friends, "I'm gonna talk to him." She walked away, leaving her three friends.

"Hey," Ben pointed to the goblet, "Cedric's putting his name in." The three watched as the swarm of Hufflepuffs surround him, cheering – with the addition of Emma.

"If he's the champion, i swear to Merlin i will kill everybody," JJ said underneath his breath, looking at Cedric with anger.

"What is the matter with you, JJ?" Y/n scolded, hitting his shoulder, "Cedric says he misses you."

"Like i care," JJ scoffed, before walking away.

"Does anyone know what happened between them?" Y/n asked Ben, "They were friends last year,"

"Cedric violated the bro code," said Ben, causing Y/n to furrow her eyebrows. "The what code?" she asked in confusion.

"The bro code, Y/n," Ben sighed before explaining to her, "He went for Cho Chang when JJ liked her."

She got even more confused by the newfound information. Cedric probably didn't even know that JJ liked her. Y/n's brother was the type to flirt with everybody – so how was Cedric supposed to know?

"Well, maybe he didn't know!" Y/n exclaimed, defending Cedric, "Even i just found out that JJ liked Cho Chang."

"Dunno, but he's still super pissed about it," Ben shrugged. Shortly after, they heard JJ's voice calling Ben's name – so he excused himself to Y/n and ran to JJ.

Being left alone, Y/n approached whichever crowd was nearest to her – whoever was interesting. She saw Harry and Ron looking at the goblet, both seemed to be talking about it.

She stood beside the boys, asking, "Not putting your name in, are you, Potter?"

Harry turned his head – and the disappointed look on his face when he saw Y/n was too funny for her.

"I would rather live, thank you," he replied,  quite annoyed by her presence alone.

"I thought you'd enter," Y/n said, "Eternal bloody glory.. you'd finally be special."