forty-five

just pretend the avada kedavra thing never happened lol

y/n lewis

It honestly felt like a fever dream.

My life was never normal, but these past two years obviously stood out. I was dumb, too naive to see that Theo was clearly wasn't who he claimed he was.

Harry was a little paranoid, jealous, and maybe possessive but he was right. Theo was no good. And it honestly embarrassed me to remember how hard I defended him.

He kept telling me it was alright, and that I'd forget about Theo soon enough. Maybe he was right, but I had never felt more betrayed in my life.

He was sent to kill my mother.

He was going to kill my mother.

She invited him in.

I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she could've died. I could've lost her. JJ, Ben, and I would have no one left. The thought alone was sickening.

Harry and I were walking Hermione back to the Gryffindor common room. She was obliviated so she hadn't a clue what was going on. She was cheerful today, said that she and JJ were talking about their future together.

"Really?" I asked, an eyebrow raised. "Isn't it too soon to talk about that kind of stuff?"

"Y/n," Hermione sighed heavily, the biggest grin painted on her face. "It can never be too soon when you're in love."

"In love?" I asked, again. Harry was just smiling at how hard Hermione was gushing over JJ. "For God's sake, Hermione, you're 16!"

"So?" Harry chimed in. "You can be 16 and in love. Didn't Nott say he loved you?"

"What?" Hermione gasped. She had completely forgotten about all of that, and for a moment, talking about love with Harry, I did too.

"Yeah, but it was all a lie, wasn't it?" I shrugged. "He was only saying that for his task. He wanted to kill my mother, don't you remember?"

"Wait," Hermione stopped her walk. "What are you guys talking about? You didn't think it was important to fill me in?"

"You got obliviated," Harry said nonchalantly. Like it was no big deal.

"Obliviated?" Hermione was surprised, of course. "By who?" Her eyes were filled with shock and anger.

"Malfoy," Harry answered.

"Malfoy?"

"You only forgot about Theodore Nott, don't worry."

"Who is that?"

"Exactly," Harry smiled, petting Hermione's head.

"JJ will tell you, just ask him," I said to Hermione, and she walked into the common room, but Harry held me back.

"No Slytherins allowed," he warned.

I knew he was kidding, so I snatched my hand away from his. He laughed, and leaned against the wall. I walked to the door, but he grabbed my wrist again, and before I could enter, the door closed. No matter how close I was with the Gryffindors, I never knew their password. It constantly changed.

"Stay back with me for a while," Harry said. "I want to tell you something. Well, I've told you this before, so I'm reminding you of it."

I knew what he was going to say, so I braced myself. I sighed, "I know. But go on."

He took my hands, looked me in the eyes, and his lips parted to say something, but he didn't utter a word. Not until a few seconds after.

"I realize that I'm very late," he began. "But I just want you to know that I regret everything I put you through. And one day, I would like for us to restart and to actually have something real. I'm not pushing you for an answer right now, but just let me know you can, okay?"