thirty-seven

It felt like hours to Y/n, hours since she fell to the floor and was held by her brother, both in tears. But it'd only been 10 mere minutes since she'd found out that her father was no longer with her.

She thought the breakup with Harry was bad, this was horrendous.

Y/n found herself complaining in her heart. Why on earth did bad things happen to her? What did she do to deserve it?

Pain after pain, suffering after suffering.

It was as if everything was against her favor.

Just the thought of Harry's reaction to the news hurt her too. Would he care? Would he even talk to her about it? Comfort her?

Henry was James' best friend, surely that meant something to Harry. Right?

He could be quite unpredictable. And at first Y/n thought of him as a simple boy, easy to figure out, naive, clueless, helpless.

Turned out she fell in love with him, and that he then turned into a monster.

Y/n hated to admit it but at that moment, the person she wanted to hold the most was Harry.

She wanted him to lie to her and tell her everything was going to be okay, she wanted to hear his voice, see his face, feel his presence.

But no, he'd gotten himself a shiny new girlfriend. One much smarter than herself, much kinder, maybe, much more attractive.

Y/n and JJ stood up, arms still wrapped around each other. They were both worried if they let go, the other would run off and get killed too.

They were paranoid and rightfully so. They couldn't lost another family member.

"Mr and Miss Lewis," called Mcgonagall. The siblings turned to see her. Her eyes were puffy and red – she felt for the two, she mourned for Henry. Y/n knew that. "Mr. Wilson also needs to know about this, don't you think?"

Ben. How on earth would they be able tp tell Ben? This would destroy him, the only father figure he had left was gone.

Henry was always good to him, and ultimately, adopted him, welcomed him into his home, treated him like his own child.

"Of course, he was his father too," JJ replied, sniffling.

"Precisely," the Professor nodded. "I couldn't find him, so maybe it'd mean more to him if you two were to break the news."

"The three of you should pack and go home, i believe funeral arrangements have been made."

Funeral. Just hearing that word made her shudder. This was real, this wasn't a nightmare. She was going to attend her father's funeral soon.

Y/n didn't say a word. Her red eyes looked to the floor, and in her head, all she saw was her dad. Every memory, every little thing.

How he told her stories about him being on the quidditch team, him coaching her proper quidditch, the three of them chasing each other on their brooms.

Those days were over.

"Thank you, Professor Mcgonagall," said JJ, nodding. The teacher put her hands on both of the siblings' shoulder and reassured them, "You're strong."

They walked out, Y/n still felt weak, clinging onto JJ. People passed them as they walked through the corridors, eyeing them, but now, she didn't really care. 

"You should pack, i'll go tell Ben," her brother instructed her.

Y/n's eyes darkened more, her eyebrows furrowing. She wanted to tell Ben too, she wanted to be there, to hug her brothers and be in their arms as they cried together. And plus, Y/n knew what kind of pressure JJ would have to endure telling him alone.