thirteen

IT WAS FINALLY THE YULE BALL NIGHT, Y/n and Emma spent hours trying to perfect their look. Both of them were standing in front of the mirror in their dorm – trying to get a good look of themselves.

The other Slytherins already went ahead without them, leaving their dormitory empty. Theo ended up taking no one – Malfoy with Pansy Parkinson, and Blaise with Daphne Greengrass.

Y/n was wearing a long satin light green dress with a slit on one side of it. Other than that, she wore green earrings and a green necklace, completed a black diamond ring and some green heels. Looking like a Slytherin parade.

Emma on the other hand, went for a lilac flowy dress with golden sparkly heels, and some magenta bracelets on both of her wrists to go with the look. Her hair was braided with some flowers on them.

"We look absolutely amazing," said Emma, checking herself up. Y/n completely agreed with her, nodding and chuckling as she looked at her dress.

"I know," she excitedly replied. Y/n was so excited to dress up and go to a dance – something that she'd never done before.

"Let me tell you, Em," Y/n said to her best friend, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Jace is going to be absolutely smitten by you."

Emma merely laughed, shaking her head. She didn't say anything about Jace – which made Y/n assume she was still upset.

Both of the girls made their way out of the dorm and eventually out of the common room. They gained looks as they walked through the corridor to the great hall, and that only boosted their confidence.

Y/n was sure she was going to have a great time tonight.

They both walked down the stairs, finding Harry Potter & Ron Weasley with the Patil twins at the end of it. She assumed that they were their dates.

Harry looked great – Y/n must admit. The dress robes fitted him perfectly.

Ron's dress robes weren't ideal, but he looked fine either way.

Both of them were quite awkward with the Patil twins – until Harry's eyes caught Y/n.

He merely stared at her – adoring how beautiful she looked that night. Harry never thought he'd find her this attractive. Not after the multiple silly fights that they had.

They locked eyes, and Y/n wanted to ignore it, but she felt her heart beating loudly and rapidly.

Quickly, she looked away – trying not worsen the moment. Her eyes found Cho & Cedric, so she decided to talk to them.

Y/n dragged Emma to the couple, and they started a conversation. "Hey, Ced!" Y/n greeted smiling at the two, "Cho." Cedric looked pleased to see the both of them. "Y/n, Emma, you both look amazing!" he complimented.

"Hey, you guys!" Cho greeted, giving them a warm and friendly smile. "You both are gorgeous, wow!"

Y/n and Emma blushed – returning the compliment to both of them and thanking the couple.

"So, where are your dates?" Cedric asked, "Jace was looking forward to asking you, Y/n."

Y/n and Emma exchanged glances, before Emma shrugged, replying, "We wanted to have a girls night!"

Cho's face lit up as she exclaimed, "Oh, that's fun! I adore that you guys are really close!"

From the corner of her eye, Y/n saw her brother in a deep red tuxedo with a black tie around his neck, and beside him, Ben was wearing a navy suit with a bowtie.

She nudged Emma's shoulder and pointed to the two Gryffindor boys who were seem to be drinking right in front of the big doors of the great hall.

So then, Emma and Y/n excused themselves from Cho & Cedric to talk to their best friends.