thirty-three

guess who's back :)

They'd gotten back to school from Christmas break. Y/n spent her days writing in a journal about her feelings for Harry, keeping the words locked in. She got the journal from a muggle shop, it had a padlock, so she was confident no one could get through.

Ben and Hermione knew - but she didn't even want to talk to them about it. Though she'd noticed the looks they always gave her, glaring at her as if they were telling her to stop this madness. Maybe they were right, and maybe keeping stuff to herself wasn't a good idea, but she wasn't ready to let Harry go.

She knew what would happen the moment she suggested to call it quits, or maybe he would. He'd run to Cho, and she'd have to watch them, keeping the pain locked in inside of her. 

Option two, i tell him how i feel, Y/n thought. But the chances of that going wrong was also there. He might not feel the same way, and she could scare him off with her confession. It'd be worse than the first option, have him hate her.

But there was another chance - he could possibly feel the same way. After months and months of being together, there'd be no way he didn't remotely feel any strong affection for her, would it?

It was risky, this one. And was it a risk she'd be willing to take?

Y/n shook her head lightly, shrugging her mind boggling thoughts away, and continued on with her lunch. She was sitting with Harry beside her, and that made it harder not to overthink about her relationship with him.

Feeling his shoulder brushed against hers, his hand on top of hers, and his scent of his favourite tart made it impossible to not love him.

This is love, Y/n thought. This is it, the feeling i've been longing for, but why is it so complicated?

"She's creepy, that girl," Y/n heard her brother's voice talking when she snapped herself back into reality. He was talking about Pansy Parkinson, who was constantly chasing after him. Maybe things with Malfoy didn't turn out well for her, and she'd gone for JJ instead. Fully aware of his relationship with Hermione.

"You're quite the charmer," said Harry, resting his chin on his hand.

You are too, Harry, said the voice within Y/n. But she didn't dare to say it aloud.

 "Clearly it runs in the family." He turned his head to look at Y/n, and her cheeks turned deep rose. Harry didn't understand what his words had done to Y/n. Didn't realize how valuable his smile was to her.

Ben looked at her warningly. 

Harry softly chuckled as he kissed Y/n's cheek, and held her in his arms.

Ben knew now that this was all an act. So he glared at them. "Can you guys stop with the PDA?" scoffed Ben, "It's kind of disgusting."

Hermione looked at him and let out a sigh.

Emma laughed through her full mouth, pie crumbs flying out of her lips. "Oh come on, Benny," she said in an overdramatic voice. "You'll find the lovely person you'd o that with."

If only she knew, Emma would've agreed with Ben.

Ron cackled along, his red hair brushed against his eyebrows, and he tugged on his prefect badge. "The Lewis are such flirts," he said, "If i had a galleon for how many times JJ flirted with girls and boys before he dated Hermione, i wouldn't be wearing bloody hand me downs."

"Let's not forget Y/n and the way she flirts, by yelling at Harry," Emma joined. No Emma, i wasn't flirting, Y/n's mind spoke again. I was being genuine, and i regret it all.