thirty-four

Minutes after Harry left the room of requirements, Y/n did too. She kept her head down, arms crossed as she walked to the Slytherin common room. Her plan was to just get into bed, curl up into a ball and cry her eyes out.

She'd written about it in her journal. About what just happened. She always carried it in her bag.

The worst part of this break up is that none of it – the things i went through with him, none of it was real.

He wasn't being genuine, he was never in love with me.

He was using me, and i was his pawn.

Shit, and i can't even be mad. I was using him too at first.

I was the one who smuggled him into this relationship, i was the one who wrote down the rules and i decided to go on and break them.

I set myself up, i hurt myself, i did this to my self.

Harry was right. 

A deal is a deal.

The rules were clear.

A deal is a fucking deal.

I shouldn't have expected this to be a fairy tale where we fall in love, live happily ever after.

Fairy tales don't exist. Happily ever after is bullshit.

I must be the dumbest creature amongst all living beings, dead or alive.

At the end of the day, it was no one's fault but mine.

Y/n didn't care about the whispers that she heard as she passed the corridor. Almost the whole school knew about their relationship, and to see her walking alone, in tears, without him, was definitely an unusual sight. 

She quickened her pace, even almost tripping when she sprinted down the flight of stairs leading to the dungeons. It was lucky someone caught her. She felt a pair of arms around her. It was a Slytherin, she could tell by the green tie - and the inquisitorial squad badge. 

The smell of white musk, lime, and violets was welcomed by her nose. She looked up to find Theodore Nott, his hair wavy and messy, cheeks tinted pink, lips twisted into a small smile.

Y/n's lips parted, and her eyes lit up. She saw Theo's eyes look down to her lips, and she also noticed he shook his head. Theo helped her get back on her feet, and she nodded as a form of gratitude.

When she went to walk past him, he stopped her by taking ahold of her wrist. Theo's eyebrows were furrowed, and his eyes looked deep into hers, trying to figure her out.

"You okay?" he asked concernedly, though his voice was low and careful. Y/n could tell Theo didn't want to force her. He opened his mouth to say something again, but shut it. He was probably going to ask about Harry, but figured that'd be a touchy subject for her.

"I'm fine, Theo," she replied. Forcing a smile on her face, as hard as it was, she still did. Even though she knew she wasn't fooling anyone. The tear stains on her cheeks were visible, and her eyes were swollen from crying.

Theo's worried expression didn't fade. And when she began to walk into the common room, he trailed after her. 

When they walked in, Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle and Parkinson were sitting at the main longue, and their eyes found Y/n and Theo. The Nott boy had his arm around Y/n, wanting to comfort her. She didn't fight it - she appreciated Theo. She needed someone.

Malfoy's lips turned to an evil smirk, as he nodded his head at Y/n. "What's wrong, Lewis?" he scoffed. "Potter finally opened his eyes and looked properly at you? He's with Chang now, isn't he?"