twenty-three

Y/N AND JJ WENT HOME.

They were desperate for their father's answers – his explanation.

Although it's worth mentioning that after Cedric's unfortunate and untimely death, JJ changed completely.

From a loud, funny, outgoing jock to a quiet, sad, mess.

He was quite crushed by the news. His biggest regret being pushing Cedric away from his life. JJ couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he was so jealous – he couldn't understand himself.

Why the fuck was i jealous of one of my best friends? Was the question JJ kept asking himself.

Y/n also lost a great friend – sure it'd been hard on her, but JJ's pain was so severe that she wouldn't even dare comparing what she felt to what he did.

She also couldn't stop wondering what this meant for her and Harry. Cho was techinically single – so was that the end of whatever Harry and Y/n had?

It was odd for her to say she didn't want to let him go.

But anyway,

The Lewis siblings entered their home. Despite their parents being aurors, the family had a cozy home in a muggle suburbs around London.

Henry wanted to move away to live a new life, fresh start as he said.

The two dropped their bags in the living room, greeted by their parents immediately.

They would usually greet them with happy faces, but how could they when a tragedy just happened?

Henry, without a word, approached his son and pulled him in for a hug.

JJ cried in his father's arms, complaining and blaming himself about Cedric.

Henry said something to him – but it was inauble to Y/n as she hugged her mother instead.

"I think i owe you both an explanation," said Henry.

The four sat down at their living room, parents and children across from each other. JJ seemed impatient. Rightfully so, he'd been dreading about more information.

Henry sighed, looking at his wife and she gave him a nod.

"My brother Jonathan was killed by death eaters – my best friends James and Lily – Sirius went to Azkaban and i thought Peter was dead," he started, "Turns out he was a dirty little garden rat all along."

Henry paused – looking down. He chuckled to himself, probably recalling some great memories the group of friends had.

"I named you after them, actually JJ," he told his son, pointing at him, "Jonathan James. My brothers."

"Why didn't you communicate with Prof– Moony?" Y/n asked, getting used to the newfound nickname.

"I did, i still am on talking terms with him. But i've kept my distance for sure. It hurts – having to experience these horrible things," Henry stammered, as Odette comforted him.

He did seem really crushed just talking about it right now.

"But then again i didn't want you both to know," he began sobbing, "I lost everything and everyone."

"I just didn't want – and still don't want you both to experience what i did," Henry began struggling to form words, "When James and Lily died, and Harry became the boy who lived – i chickened out, i knew i was a coward but i didn't care – i just cannot let the same thing happen to my children."

"It stings to remember all these stuff.. That's why i kept you both out of the picture – kept you both clueless.."

"...To protect you from the truth, and for me to move on..."