twenty-two

HARRY AND Y/N WERE IN FRONT OF THE MAZE, the day of the third task, finally.

She was worried to death for Harry, but on the bright side, after this, his misery of fearing for his life over a bloody tournament would soon be past him.

Their friends had already cheered Harry on, told him that he'd be great, and Y/n was last to stay.

"If you win this, you might get Y/n's extra special treacle tart," she chuckled. Harry laughed along. "Yeah?" he challenged with a raised eyebrow, "Better be good."

"Well you better win first," said Y/n, "Try to not die."

"I'll try my best, Lewis," Harry teased, "Wouldn't want you to be all alone." Y/n rolled her eyes playfully. "By the way," she leaned in and whispered, "You do know that my opinion about you hasn't changed, right?"

"And that is?"

"That's you're just a regular boy," said Y/n, "No specialties whatsoever."

"I guess i'm just gonna go in there and change your mind then."

"Good luck."

Harry looked around him, finding Cho who was staring – even though she was beside Cedric.

"Uh," Harry stammered, "I love you, Y/n."

Her eyes grew wide – shocked but what he just said, "What–" Harry whispered, "Cho." And that's when Y/n realized what he was trying to do.

"Oh, um," stuttered Y/n nervously, "I love you too."

"Okay," Harry chuckled before leaning in and gave her a quick peck. "Bye."

He began to walk away – towards Dumbledore. Y/n waved, shouting, "I better see you holding that cup!"

"You will!" Harry shouted back. The tournament began and Harry disappeared into the maze.

Y/n returned to the seats where her friends were, and started clasping her hands together. "I'm worried as hell for him," Y/n whined.

"He'll be fine," said JJ, leaning back carelessly, "He's the boy who lived, he can do it again."

"The probability of dying in a maze is fairly low, Y/n," Ben reassured, patting her back before Y/n rested her head on Ben's shoulder.

"True, true," Emma butted in, agreeing.

"I mean, Harry knows what he's doing. Doesn't he?" said Ron, he seemed quite unsure.

"He does, Ronald," Hermione, who had JJ's arm around her replied, "Which is why he's going to be just fine."

Couple hours went by – Y/n was starting to get bored and sleepy.

They were just waiting – couldn't really see anything.

But then, the Hogwarts band started playing, startling her.

She had her head on Emma's shoulder, but jolted up immediately.

Harry was back, but he was holding something – a body.

"That's my son!" a voice shouted.

The cheering and the band stopped as multiple teachers rushed down from their seats.

Ben had seen something – he looked mortified – shocked – and a single tear fell from his eye.

"What is it, Ben?" JJ asked worriedly. Ben ignored him – trying to break free from Ben's grasps. "The fuck is it, mate?" JJ repeated.

Ben had ran full speed to where Harry was, and of course the others followed him.

"He asked me to bring his body back!" Y/n heard Harry shouting – and that was when she looked down.