thirty-nine

"This is a pity fest."

Was the first thing that JJ said when he saw the boxes of letters. Their friends had written to them, express their condolences.

Hermione sent approximately 17 letters. She sounded really worried about the family. Ron sent quite a lot too. Not to mention Emma. She kept asking how they were.

"Be grateful that they care, Jonathan," scolded Odette.

Y/n approached a box that had her name on it, and reached for her letters. Her teachers sent her some, her friends of course, even Blaise Zabini did too.

But one caught her eye. She recognized the hand writing.

Dear Y/n,

I know it's been a long time since we've spoke, but i'd be lying if i said i didn't miss you at all. I'm worried about you, and i just need you to tell me you're okay.

I'm sorry about everything, and i just wish things between us could be alright again.

I'm sorry to hear about Henry. I've been grieving too. He was the person who made me feel so close to my father. And i know how hard losing a parent must be.

We're still friends, Y/n. You can still talk to me, always.

I want you to talk to me. I miss you.

Love,
Harry.

Y/n held the letter in her hand. She didn't know how to react.

She felt her throat tightening, and started having problems to breathe. She desperately gasped for air, her head spinning. Her chest rose up and down as she struggled to get air into her system.

Y/n watched everything around her fade.

And she fainted.

When she started to open her eyes slowly, she heard voices whispering. And when her eyes fully opened, she saw that she was in her bedroom, laid on the bed with Sirius sitting beside her.

There were her mum, her brothers, and Remus Lupin too.

"Oh, dear God, she's awake," said Sirius. The rest of the group approached the bed. "Are you okay?" Remus asked worriedly.

"I think so."

"Oh, Y/n, what happened?"

"I don't know, i was just.. Surprised. I guess."

She noticed that they looked like they were getting ready to go somewhere. Sirius stood up, and seemed like he was on a rush.

"Where are you guys going?" Y/n asked.

"Harry needs us," Sirius said.

"What do you mean?"

"We have to go."

"What?" she asked again, sitting up. "Wait, i wanna go."

"It's too dangerous," Odette forbade her, shaking her head. But Y/n still wanted to know what they were up to. "What are you guys doing?"

"You're not well," Ben patted her head, and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "We'll be back soon, okay? Hang tight."

"It's okay, Y/n," Remus reassured.

"I love you, sis," JJ blew a kiss. "If i die, buy tulips for my grave."

They all exited Y/n's bedroom, although Odette scolded her son on his way out. "Don't say that, JJ!"

"What's going on?"

"It's fine, they're fine."

"Mum, what–"

"Honey, just go to sleep, okay?" her mum advised. "Please, you'll feel better. And i can tell that you're still tired."

Y/n laid back, and closed her eyes.

"There you go."

She slept. And it was dark when she woke up. She looked out of the window, to see stars in the sky, the moon too.

But no signs of JJ, Ben, Remus, and Sirius. She'd know if they were back. They'd make a noise, any noise. Loud noises.

Her mother walked into the room, a letter in between her fingers. "You missed one," she said.

Dear Y/n,

Are you okay? How have you been holding up?

I wish i could be there for you.

Write me back and tell me all about your feelings

Warm hugs,
Theo.

"Do you want to reply to that? I can get you a quill and some ink." Odette asked.

"Yes, please."

"Be right back."

When her mother returned to her bedroom, she didn't have a quill, no. She was wearing a mortified look on her face. Eyes red.

"Baby?" she called gloomily.

"Yeah, mum?"

"Sirius was killed," she sobbed. "I'm so sorry."