eighteen

"HARRY, TELL ME AGAIN," said Hermione.

Harry, Ron, Y/n, and Hermione were at the library. They'd been there for ages, trying to figure out how Harry could compete in the second task safely and successfully.

Y/n was sitting beside Harry, opening up some books. While Hermione was pacing around, with Ron standing near the bookcases

''Come seek us where our voices sound,'' Harry told Hermione.

"The Black Lake, that's obvious."

''An hour long you'll have to look," he added.

"Again, obvious," Hermione said, "Though, admittedly, potentially problematic." Harry seemed annoyed and in stress. ''Potentially problematic?" he asked, "When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?

Seeing how stressful Harry was, Y/n placed her hand on his shoulder for comfort, and whispered, "Look, Harry, we can do this. We can all figure it out together. I promise, you'll be just fine."

"Hate to break up the skull session. Professor McGonagall wants you in her office," Professor Moody abruptly came to the four of them.

Harry, Y/n, Hermione, and Ron all got up to go over to Mcgonagall's office, but Moody stopped the boys.

Not you, Potter, Weasley, Granger," he said, holding them back, "Just Lewis."

Harry looked at Y/n – confused and concerned.

"Did she do something, Professor?" he worriedly asked, "Is there a problem?" Moody shook his head, "That shouldn't be your business, Potter."

"But, sir, the second task is only hours away, and--"

"Exactly," Moody interrupted Hermione, "Presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep."

Y/n and Hermione looked at each other – sighing in defeat.

"Alright, i'll go," said Y/n, obeying the Professor. She then leaned in to kiss Harry's cheek and smiled, "Goodnight, Harry."

He blushed – returning the smile, "Night, Y/n."

"Escort her to the office, Granger," Moody ordered and Hermione obeyed, "Yes, sir."

The two girls exited the library – now walking through a corridor.

"Y/n, i must say you and Harry are so sweet," Hermione gushed, "The way you kissed him good night like that."

"Well, i know my brother, so i'm sure you and him are a lot cuter," Y/n said, knowing exactly how romantic of a person JJ was.

"I mean," Hermione chuckled, "He sure is a gentleman."

"Sounds like JJ," Y/n nodded.

They stopped in front of a door that led to Mcgonagall's office. Hermione and Y/n said their goodbyes – and she entered.

"Ah, Miss Lewis!" greeted Mcgonagall happily. When she walked in, Y/n saw other people in there as well. One she recognized was Cho Chang.

"Am i in trouble, Professor?"

"No, no," she shook her head, "You do not need to worry, you're here to help the champions with the second task – and you'll be safe and sound."

"How could we help, Professor?" Cho asked.

The transfiguration teacher sighed. "I'm terribly sorry."

Mcgonagall pointed her wand at her – and Y/n blacked out.