nine

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED," JJ shouted, laughing in tears as he ran into the hospital wing.

Y/n was laying on one of the beds, having a mask on her face to cover the damage Harry did.

She had been staying there for a day. Madam Pomfrey gave her medications but it'd take more time for her to fully recover and get back to how she was before the jinx.

"Moody turned Malfoy into a ferret!" Emma laughed – telling Y/n when the three had reached her bed. Y/n found herself furrowing her eyebrows – she asked Emma, "That's allowed?"

"No, but it was bloody awesome!" Emma geeked. "And then what happened?" Y/n asked, intrigued by the situation.

"Professor Mcgonagall told him to cut it out," JJ explained, "Oh, but i wish you were there to see the look on his face." Y/n frowned, realizing that she had missed such an amazing incident.

"I would've been," she sighed, clenching her jaw. "If it wasn't for our very special Potter." Y/n scowled – recalling the look on his face when he jinxed her.

"Tomorrow is the first task of the tournament, and i can't even watch!" she complained.

"We could stay behind for you," Ben suggested. Y/n declined right away – she wouldn't want her friends to miss it only for her. Especially not when Ben and JJ were so excited about it.

"Oh no, no, no," she shook her head, "If you all stay here, there's no one to tell me about it."

"Well – One of us can stay," said Emma – and of course, Y/n declined once more. "No, no. Please don't do that for me, i'd rather have you all go and have fun. I hate to be a burden."

"What he did to you was messed up," Ben sighed, holding her hand for comfort, "How are you feeling?"

"I look like absolute crap, Ben," Y/n replied stressfully, "And i feel like it too."

"I talked to him and he apologized multiple times to me, said it was an accident," JJ told his sister, "But i have no right to forgive him, you were the one he jinxed."

"Exactly," Emma agreed, "And Y/n, if i were you, i'd jinx him back."

The anger built up inside of Y/n, clenching her fists. If she got the chance, she would love to take revenge on Harry Potter.

The idea of him being cursed by her was amusing to Y/n – and she swore she'd do it soon.

"I bet the git did it on purpose as well," said Y/n, looking up to her friends, "You all know how he feels about me."

Y/n then looked at JJ, smirking. "Speaking of feelings.." she started, "What's going on with you and Hermione Granger?"

JJ's eyes widened out of embarrassment – he began to scratch his head and run his fingers through his hair. A nervous habit of his.

"That's new," Emma crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at JJ, "How come i've never heard about this?"

"Oh, i don't know, Em," Ben teased, "Maybe because you were too busy with Jace Wood."

"Me and Hermione are just friends, okay?" said JJ, "There's nothing to it."

Y/n could tell when her brother was lying.

"I think you should ask her out," Emma suggested, and JJ pulled a reverse card, saying, "After you ask Jace out."

"Don't count on it," Ben joked, "He might reject her." Emma let out a subtle offended gasp. She hit Ben's shoulder with hers and complained, "You are so mean."

"But, JJ, i think Hermione's great," said Y/n to her brother, "And i think she likes you too." JJ's lips twitched into a smile, as his cheeks turned rosy. "Really?" he asked, quite excitedly. "Oh, come on, lad," exclaimed Ben, "It's completely obvious."

Suddenly, the group heard footsteps approaching them. Instinctively, their heads shot back to find the source of the sound.

At first, Y/n thought it was Madam Pomfrey, but boy was she wrong.

Harry Potter and Hermione Granger.

They walked towards her bed, Y/n being enraged by Harry's presence alone. She scowled at him – and he was trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"What are you doing here?" Y/n asked angrily.

"Hermione," JJ greeted almost immediately as he saw her – eyes twinkling. Hermione smiled at him, blushing. "JJ," she greeted back, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. They locked eyes, completely ignoring everyone around them – like they were the only people in the world.

"Can i talk to Y/n, please?" Harry requested – Emma then took Ben's hand, as she, Ben, JJ, and Hermione began walking away. "Maybe we should give them some space."

Harry began walking closer towards her bed, sitting on the edge of it.

"Could you stay the hell away from me?" Y/n spat. "I came here with good intentions," Harry cleared his throat, "I'd like to apologize to you.."

"Apology declined."

Annoyed, Harry said something that he thought he'd later regret.

"Just so you know, i didn't mean to do it," he shrugged nonchalantly, "But you kind of had it coming." Y/n couldn't believe what she was hearing – subtly gasping in shock, she asked him, "So.. You're saying that i deserved what happened to me?"

"Yeah.." he nodded awkwardly, "A little bit."

"This is the worst apology i have ever heard in my whole life," Y/n sighed in disappointment.

"Well – Maybe you should be nicer to other people!" Harry boomed, but Y/n fired back, "And maybe you shouldn't jinx people around you out of no where!"

He stayed silent, only looking at her with furious eyes.

"Now are you ready to get out?" she raised her eyebrows, pointing to the exit of the hospital wing.

Huffing, Harry turned his heels and stomped away.

"Thank you," said Y/n, "That's the only good thing you've done all day."

Harry looked back and rolled his eyes at her – before ultimately walking out of the hospital wing.