twenty-four

someone requested that i write in first person and yk what that sounds fun

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

y/n lewis,

Grimmauld place has been fun. Being with dad's friends and learning more about them.

Ben's been dead quiet. To say that i'm worried about him would be an understatement. What happened to him was so fucked up and i can't even begin to imagine going through all that bullshit at 15.

Everyone here has been trying their best to make Ben feel better. Comfort him, tell him jokes, but nothing has worked so far.

Emma even rushed here when she got the news - just arrived a couple of hours ago. Ben's been talking to her and only her. Although his face still looks emotionless.

JJ tries to bury his own sadness to cheer Ben up. They're like that you know, they'll be there for each other no matter what. And i adore that, really. JJ seems to be ignoring his own grief to help Ben.

My brother tries his best to look okay, to forget about Cedric. Sirius consoled him, which probably contributes to him feeling just a tad bit better.

Rounded up at the living room, i'm still in my sweatpants and hoodies, waking up merely minutes ago. Moony, Sirius, and dad were having breakfast at the table, while Emma, Ben, JJ and i are sitting in a circle on the floor.

Ben looks like a wreck, JJ doesn't look any better too. But he's smiling. He's smiling for Ben.

"You know what we should call ourselves?" JJ says suddenly, with a grin on his face. He leans back, proudly continuing, "The 4-mation, with the number four." He looks around his silent friends, looking for reactions out of them. "Get it? Because there's four of us."

"We get it, Jonathan, we get it," I chuckle at his silliness. 

"Well yeah, you guys are the marauders," JJ says, pointing at the three men, "We need a name too."

"The dumb-nation," Sirius cackles - his friends join him.

"The no-one-here-likes-you-sirius-you're-old-nation," JJ fires back. "That is offensive," Sirius gasps dramatically, "...– nation."

"You guys are weird–nation," Ben joins in the joke, which surprises everyone. He hadn't talked much, let alone flash a smile like that.

I'm glad that he's starting to loosen up a little bit. I love Ben - think he's one of the best people i have ever met and he doesn't deserve any of this shit that's happening to him.

"You're doing it too!" i laugh along with Ben, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Okay, stop, this is ridiculous," Emma interrupts. "The Emma is no fun-nation," JJ pouts.

"If James were here he would totally do this," chuckles Moony, making the room silent.

"I'm sorry," he quickly apologizes - probably thinks he's killed the mood, bringing up dead people and all.

Personally, i wish i could've met James Potter. He seemed  to had liked me as a baby, based on the pictures i see and stories i hear.

"Yes, Moony," Sirius lifts up the mood again, slinging an arm around him, "Yes he would."

"No need to apologize, mate," my dad chuckles, "I'm glad that we are still always remembering him."

"The 4-mation sounds cool," Harry appears, still in his pajamas. He lazily walks towards us, rubbing his eyes. His voice sounds deeper than usual, groggier. His hair is messy - good kind of messy. He puts on his glasses and sits beside me.

"Look who's awake," i smile at him, adoring how attractive he looks. Silently. I'm sure he notices the way i'm looking at him though, he probably thinks i'm just a really good actress.

"Morning," Harry greets back, kissing my cheek.

The marauders grinned, giving each other knowing looks.

"James is looking down at you, son," my dad says, "Chest puffed and proud." Sirius chimes in, "You two should've been there to hear James and Henry rambling about this."

Why does it have to be like this?

Now i can't even tell them that we're just faking this. They'd all be so disappointed.

Fuck, life is always so difficult.

I look to my side to see Harry nodding and smiling. I know this dude is cursing himself right now, regretting that he's doing all of this with me.

"Do you have a name for you, Ron, and Hermione?" JJ asks Harry, snapping me out of my thoughts. Harry shakes his head and says, "Uh no. Don't think so."

"Well, make one!" JJ urges him, while Harry shrugs. "He's got a hearing to worry about," i say, placing my hand on his shoulder, "Don't you, Harry?"

He smiles at me. Fuck. For some reason that smile picks me up all the time, makes me feel things i thought i wouldn't feel about Harry Potter.

The way his green eyes light up as his lips turn to a smile gets me every fucking time and i don't like it.

I don't like it at all.

Shit i'm already breaking my first rule.

"Yeah," he nods.

The way he says things is also so mesmerizing. 

No Y/n, no. Don't go down this path. Don't fall for someone who clearly doesn't feel the same way. It'll only sting later.

Don't be a fool.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

It's the afternoon - Harry is helping me pack again for school because the marauders told him so. He probably wouldn't do it if they hadn't.

"How'd the hearing go?" i ask as i watch him fold my uniform. "I'm free of all charges," he replies, but gloomily. I wonder how such a happy statement could sound so sad.

"Well, that's great!" i exclaim, approaching him - zipping up my bag, "Why'd you look upset?"

"A war is coming," he tells me, "I can feel it."

I place my hand on both of his shoulder. "We're gonna fight, and we'll win," i reassure him, "You'll lead us, because guess what, you are special."

Harry smirks.

"Why'd you think that now?" he asks teasingly.

"You fought Voldemort," i chuckle, complimenting him, "That's something."

"Glad that i've finally proven my worth to Y/n Lewis."

I walk over to my bedside table to collect the treacle tart i baked this morning, while Harry was away.

"Tart?" i offer. He looks down at it happily as he takes it. "You're the best, you know that?" he says, grinning as he hugs me.

There it is again. Butterflies. Even i can feel myself blushing, heart beating fast. He can say all the right things to me. The things that make me feel warm.

With that being said, it probably means nothing to him. Because everytime Harry tries to flirt, he gets awkward as fuck. He gets nervous to the point where his palms get sweaty. Not this comfortable, not this casual.

This is fake. This means nothing.