twenty-seven

dear dad,

have you sort out the adoption applications for ben?

if you have, would you mind sending the papers to me? We're gonna throw a surprise party for ben and tell him about the finalized adoption.

please reply asap.

love,
y/n

y/n lewis,

"I gotta send this off now," i tell Harry, putting the letter in my bag.

Harry is already with me at seven in the morning, picking me up in the dungeons.

"Okay, we'll do that after breakfast, but i have an idea," he says, seems quite excited for it.

"What is it?" i ask curiously.

Harry suddenly places his hand on my collar, tracing his fingers down to my Slytherin tie. He untangles it, leaving me with a confused expression.

He takes my tie off, and untangles his too.

Harry walks closer to me, taking a deep breath. He makes me feel – all sorts of emotions when he's so close to me.

I stare up at his eyes as he ties his Gryffindor tie around my neck. He takes a glance of me for just a moment – chuckling.

"My eyes are pretty, aren't they?" he teases.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

"Whatever you say, Potter."

He begins to tie my Slytherin tie around his own neck, smiling widely at me as he does.

"This is your idea?" i ask, crossing my arms, "Switching ties?"

"Yeah, it's brilliant, Cho is going to be so jealous," he smirks, before taking my hand and leading me up to the great hall, "Let's go."

We enter the hall – all eyes are on us. It's kind of nerve wracking, because i know they're all focused on our ties.

"Get Cho's attention – quick!" he orders me, tugging my arm. "Okay, damn," i roll my eyes, "Let me think of something."

"Quickly, Y/n!"

"Okay, i'm gonna drop my wand to her direction, pick it up next to her, and then you come to me," i instruct Harry. "Okay," he nods, "Cool, cool. Let's hope this works."

So i do just that – purposefully dropping my wand so it slides to Cho's direction.

I walk over towards her, offering a smile. "Oh! Sorry, Cho, that's my wand."

"Oh, here you go, Y/n," she smiles back, returning my wand. Cho looks down to my so obvious red tie, and frowns, "You're – uh – wearing a Gryffindor tie?"

Oh, she's definitely buying it.

"Hey, darling, i just realized–" Harry appears, slinging an arm around me. He looks at Cho and greets her, Oh, hi, Cho."

"Uh – and you're wearing a Slytherin tie?" she asks in confusion – definitely a little bit of jealousy is there. "Was there a little mix up?"

"Wait what?" i play dumb, "Oh yeah, you took the wrong tie!"

"My bad, my eyes are terrible," Harry lies, chuckling because he knows his plan worked, "Thanks for letting us know, Cho."

"You're welcome," she says, "Maybe pay more attention next time?"