forty-six

y/n lewis

"THAT DISGUSTING LITTLE RAT!"

The sound of Emma's scream startled me. She was really angry the whole time I told her the story about Theo. We were both sitting on my bed, closed the curtains of the canopy bed and casted a silencing spell, making sure no one could listen.

Pansy Parkinson was the problem for us, she always was. She would get nosy about things, ask us about it, and spread gossip throughout the whole school. It annoyed Emma and me so much we requested to move out of the sixth year dorm room, but Snape didn't let that happen.

Emma was still in disbelief. She kept gasping, her eyes were open wide, and her hand was on her mouth.

"Do JJ and Ben know?" she asked.

"I'm so sorry, you're actually the last person to find out."

"I'll let you pass on this one," Emma sighed. She then leaned in to hug me. "Ugh, I can't believe I defended him at one point."

"I can't believe I fell for him," I mumbled, looking down to my crossed legs.

"What?" Emma asked, eyebrows furrowed, arms still wrapped around me.

"Not fell for him!" I yelled, correcting myself, "fell for the lies he told me."

"Are you sure?" she asked again. "Like are you really, really sure? You seemed pretty serious with him."

"100%," I insisted. I didn't really know if it was her or me I was reassuring.

"You don't like him, do you?" Emma asked, yet again. She sounded really worried. And honestly, I was too.

"No," I shook my head. "I absolutely despise him."

I certainly did.

It was impossible to even remotely like a liar, a traitor, a manipulator and possibly a killer. I did not love Theodore Nott, I did not like Theodore Nott, I did not even tolerate Theodore Nott. He was cruel, he was evil, and he didn't deserve my thoughts.

"Good," she said, but she couldn't hide that worried tone. "You're for real though, right?"

"Of course!"

"Okay," she nodded. "We have potions today, so I guess we'll find out soon enough."

"What's that got to do with anything?"

"I heard we're going to learn about amortentia," Emma whispered, but she was giddy about it. "It's a super strong love potion, but if you smell it, you'll smell the scent of the person you love."

I couldn't help but wonder if that was the reason Harry asked to meet me this morning.

Emma then got up from my bed and browsed through her cabinets. The room was empty now, everyone had already went to the great hall for breakfast.

"I am craving peppermint," she said, and her eyes lit up when she finally found what she was looking for.

"At 7 in the morning?" I asked, looking at the clock. I hadn't really realized we were talking for an hour.

"It's never too early for sweets," she grinned. Emma then turned her heels and walked out of the room.

"Y/n, could you be a darling and grab my perfume next to my table?" I heard Emma's voice from down the stairs. "I forgot to put it in my purse."

"Which one?" I asked.

"The lavender one will do."

I did as she said and walked down the stairs as well.