forty

After hours and hours of crying, of regret, Y/n got up from her bed and took a piece of paper from her desk.

She dipped her quill in ink and began writing. Tear drops falling on to the paper.

She wrote,

Theo.

My uncle was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange. Your father was there. Malfoy's too.

Y/n.

Y/n sent it off and went to bed again. It was quite unbelievable, losing people she loved back to back. It didn't feel real, it felt like a horrible, horrible nightmare.

She of course didn't trust Theo enough to tell him that it was Sirius. Not yet, really. He was the son of a death eater, and she had to be careful.

Y/n just laid in bed and thought. For hours and hours. She fantasized about what her dad and his friends were doing now. She hoped that he was happy wherever he was.

And then, she got a letter back.

Dear Y/n, it read.

I am so sorry. My dad and i are not the same and i promise you i'm nothing like him. You can always rely on me, Y/n. You can talk to me, you can complain to me, cry to me, anything.

My father knows nothing about my relationship with you. I don't want him to take advantage of me, force me to beg you for information.

I know the dark lord is alive. I've known from the start. I'm sorry.

Love,
Theo.

She didn't reply. She didn't know what to say or if she should say anything to him. He knew Harry was right from the beginning, but he zipped his mouth.

He even called Harry a liar too, all that while he kmew he was telling the truth. And Harry had to endure people's name calling

A day later, the day school was finally off, she recieved another letter.

Dearest Y/n,

Can i stay with you this summer?

Theo.

Y/n wasn't sure what made her come to this idea. But she sent a letter back.

Yes.

A letter with merely one word. Yes.

➽───────────────❥

"Mum, i've got a friend staying here. I hope you don't mind," said Y/n, "He's coming tomorrow."

"Oh it's a he?" Odette asked. "Who?"

"Theo Nott."

"Really?" Ben asked. He looked excited. "He helped me with potions once."

JJ almost choked on his food.

"I am sorry, you're bringing a death eater–"

"He's not a death eater."

"– Into our home?"

"Theo is nice," Y/n defended, "He's been really nice to me ever since Harry. He's the one who's been there for me. And he probably has got a lot on his plate right now. His mum has been long gone, his dad's in Azkaban, please just let him come."

Y/n looked at her mother for her approval. And after a few moments of silence, Odette nodded.

"Yes, he can stay with us."

"Yes! Thanks mum."

"Are you serious?" JJ complained, "He could be a murderer for all we know."

"Hey, he's actually decent, man," Ben, too, defended Theo. "I'd love to have him over."