45

A few days had passed, and most of the team were just relaxing in the compound. It was rare to not be called out on any missions in so long, but nobody was complaining. The peace and quiet was something everybody cherished. Well, it wasn't really 'peace and quiet', it never was in the compound, but at least there were no missions. 

Bucky, Sam, Wanda, and Natasha were all stood in the kitchen, happily talking whilst Wanda made another round of her famous hot chocolate. "I'm telling you, I bet those magnets over there could stick to your arm." Sam said confidently, gesturing over to the magnets on the refrigerator. "You'd be great for grocery shopping! We could just stick the list to your arm." He teased, walking over to the refrigerator to grab a few magnets. "Sam, if you ever stick a magnet to my arm, I'll-" Bucky started, beginning to threaten Sam. He still had a smile on his face, though. Sam was pretty funny - but he'd never admit that. "You'll do what? Read the grocery list to me?" Sam teased, dramatically reaching out for a few of the magnets. Wanda couldn't help but laugh as she added a few marshmallows to the hot chocolates, a fond smile on her face as she listened to the bickering boys. Bucky stood up out of his chair, pointing at Sam with a serious look in his eyes. "I swear to God, Sam. Don't bring those things near me." Bucky said, but he still couldn't hide the smile on his face at Sam's mischievous grin. Natasha quickly stood up, setting a hand on Bucky's shoulder and carefully pushing him so he sat back down. "Okay, I think that's enough. Sam, put the magnets back or I'm going to get Tony to paint your wings a nice leopard print." She teased with a smirk. Sam's eyes widened as he quickly stuck the magnets back to the refrigerator. "You wouldn't dare, Romanoff." Sam said as he rearranged the magnets. "Watch me." Natasha hummed, sitting back down at the breakfast bar.

That was when y/n suddenly burst into the kitchen, most of the upper-half of her body covered by a large piece of paper. "Hi, y/n." Wanda chimed, a curious look on her face at the large piece of paper. Y/n didn't say a word, making a beeline for the counter where she quickly laid out the mysterious thing she was holding. It was a map. "There are so many places we need to visit!" She said excitedly. The whole map was covered in different annotations and pictures stuck beside each country. Y/n had been hanging out with Vision to find out on all the things she'd missed during her time with Hydra. Of course there'd been a lot, but they focused on the nice things for now, and one of the nice things ended up being all the different sights she could see. Y/n was intrigued by it all, all the beautiful areas and places she could enjoy, it just filled her with excitement. Bucky, Wanda, Natasha, and Sam all gathered around the map so they could have a better look. Bucky had a fond smile on his face, wrapping an arm around y/n as he scanned over all the little pieces of writing and all the photos to go with each country. "This seems like a great idea, Doll." He hummed, looking at the little drawings y/n had done to go along with all the annotations. "But when are we going to find time to do all of this? Being an Avenger doesn't really come with holidays." Sam asked curiously. He wanted to see his sister and nephews far more than he did, but Sam rarely had time between missions. Y/n shrugged, leaning into Bucky slightly as she looked down at the map. "We'll figure it out." She hummed happily. 

"Well, can we figure whatever you're talking about at a different time?" Steve asked with a smile from the doorway. "Can I talk to you, y/n?" He asked, gesturing for them to talk out in the hallway. Y/n huffed slightly out of frustration, she wanted to tell everyone about all the places on her map - but, she could speak to them later. "Don't mess this map up. It's important." Y/n said seriously, mostly pointing at Sam. Sam gasped at the assumption, setting a hand on his chest in a dramatic way. "Why me?" He asked with raised eyebrows. Y/n rolled her eyes with a laugh, slipping out from under Bucky's arm as she begun to leave the room. "Because last time you and Bucky were in the kitchen together, you poured flour on his head!" She exclaimed, stepping out into the hallway and shutting the kitchen door behind herself.

"So, what do you need me for?" Y/n asked curiously, joining Steve as they begun to stroll down the hallway. "Well, you said you'd feel more confident in being an Avenger if you had more control over your powers. So, we're going to train." Steve smiled. "Of course we can't really work on mind control here because we don't have anyone for you to practice on. So I managed to contact King T'Challa in Wakanda, and he's more than willing to help you train. Only if you're up for it." He suggested. Y/n's face seemed to light up at the mention of going back to Wakanda. She'd had such a great time there, of course she'd go back. "When? And for how long?" She asked curiously. Y/n didn't want to make Bucky suddenly have to up and leave, what if he had plans? "King T'Challa said that we can visit today, but if today's too soon then we can always go another day. But you'll be there for as long as it takes for you to have full control. You can leave at any time, and still join us for missions, of course. But this is an opportunity you can't miss." Steve hummed. 

Sam, Bucky, Natasha, and Wanda were still looking over y/n's map. Smiling at all the little descriptions she'd added to each destination. "Y'know she's just given you the key to so many perfect date spots, right?" Sam asked, nudging Bucky slightly. Bucky nodded with a bashful smile. "Oh, I know. We just have to figure out ways to get there without her being too suspicious." He hummed. Wanda tilted her head to the side slightly as she looked at the destinations. Frowning curiously as she pointed out one in Sweden. It was much different to all the other destinations, this one seemed far more specific. "What's this one, Nat?" She asked, unable to read the description because it was upside-down. But Natasha was opposite, so she'd be able to see. Natasha leant over to look at the one Wanda pointed out, a fond smile appearing on her face. "It says 'Home'." She cooed, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. "We definitely need to take her back to her hometown."