47

Y/n soon sat down on the chair, resting her elbows on her knees to focus. T'Challa nodded toward another warrior, gesturing for him to fight the one under control. The warrior in blue nodded, stepping out of the line and making his way toward the one under control. "Ready, y/n?" T'Challa asked expectantly, setting his hands behind his back as he watched. Y/n only responded with a hum and a nod. She lifted her head to watch the warrior in blue, waiting for him to make the first move. The two warriors soon begun to fight, one completely under y/n's control, one not. Y/n didn't move from where she was sat in the seat, but she flinched and jolted as if she was being attacked. Her eyes were a pure white as she focused on controlling that single warrior. That was when her nose begun to bleed - just like before. But y/n didn't seem to notice, completely focusing on fighting as the warrior. 

T'Challa allowed y/n to control the single warrior for a few more moments before he spoke up again. "Take control of two more warriors, y/n." He commanded, setting a hand on her shoulder in attempt to get her attention. Y/n jumped at the sudden contact, causing the warrior to mirror her as she reached up to strike the hand. The warrior in blue took that distraction and hit the other in the stomach, causing y/n to almost lose control. Y/n grumbled under her breath, gaining control back over the warrior as they begun to fight again. T'Challa watched carefully, glancing up at the window to check if Shuri was taking notes. "Two more, y/n." T'Challa repeated a little louder. It took a few moments for y/n to respond, her eyes flickering from normal to pure white as she stood up from the chair. "Two?" She asked, taking a deep breath as she tried to keep control of the warrior that was still fighting. "Two." T'Challa nodded, keeping an eye on the warriors that were fighting. Y/n wobbled slightly on her first step, guiding her own mind whilst controlling another was hard enough, and now she had to add more in. Y/n slowly made her way toward another one of the warriors, sniffling as she realised her bloody nose. She soon found herself opposite a warrior in red, not saying a word as she set her hands on the sides of his head, taking control with ease. T'Challa nodded toward another warrior, watching as the warrior in red was attacked almost as soon as y/n stepped away. Y/n seemed to almost trip over when she had to control yet another fight, grimacing slightly as she glanced over at T'Challa. "Already?" She asked with a sigh, wiping her bloody nose with the back of her hand. "I said we're pushing you to your limits." He smiled, crossing his arms over his chest. Y/n seemed to move a little slower over to the third warrior she was going to control. The third warrior took in a nervous breath when y/n stood in front of him, she didn't look all there at all. Her eyes continuously flickered from having pupils to just pure white, and that bloody nose didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. He was right, y/n wasn't all there. She had to micromanage two other minds whilst also being present in her own. It wasn't fun. T'Challa watched as y/n reached up with one hand to set it on the third warrior's forehead. The third warrior seemed to be the easiest to take control out of all three, maybe because his nervousness was so evident. 

Mind control was an odd thing. For the victim it was ruthless, ripping control with no second to process. They get sent into this limbo of nothingness. Empty eyes. Completely under the other person's control. For the controller it was an overwhelming, uncomfortable feeling. Managing several minds all at once, whilst also managing their own. At first glance it seems fun to have an army under your control, but not when you have to manage each and every one. Mind control can be improved over time, but it is a rough process for both the victim and the controller. Coming down from mind control is terrifying for a victim - figuring out what they've done with overwhelming memories of it all coming back at the same time. But, if a person becomes a master at mind control it can be something so, so powerful - and dangerous in the wrong hands.

It didn't take long for y/n to have control over around half of the warriors. Her head was pounding from all the power she was using, her body swaying back and forth as she tried her hardest to stay conscious. Y/n's vision had gone completely blurry, blinking over and over again in attempt to stay awake. "Fuck..." She muttered under her breath. Y/n felt as if she was underwater. Nothing looked clear, and everything sounded muffled and distorted. Her breathing was laboured as if there was a weight on her chest, blood still dripping from her nose. T'Challa watched y/n carefully, a concerned frown on her face. He wasn't sure when to stop her, but she wasn't looking well. "Try one more, y/n." He said hesitantly, waving a warrior over. The warrior made his way toward y/n, kneeling down so she didn't have to stand up. Y/n slowly reached out with one hand, completely missing the warrior and reaching out to the side instead. T'Challa took in a sharp, reaching out and guiding y/n's hand to the warrior's head. 

As soon as y/n took control her head seemed to rock back as if she was going to pass out. She leant back on the chair, looking up at the ceiling as she blinked over and over again. The whole room was spinning. She could hear memories and voices that weren't hers, everything seeming to blend together as she struggled to stay in control. What y/n didn't realise was that T'Challa was trying to talk to her again, but she was completely unresponsive, not even noticing the hand that was waved in front of her face. 

Bucky watched nervously from the window. Steve had been stopping him from heading down to the training room for a while now, but Bucky had had enough. "I'm stopping this right now." He said seriously, pushing past Steve and storming out of the lab so he could get down to the training room. He didn't want to see y/n suffer like that anymore. Steve took in a nervous breath, but he didn't try and stop him. He glanced back at Shuri, who just seemed to nod, already beginning to prepare a medical bed just in case. "Go." She said seriously. Steve nodded, quickly hurrying after his best friend. "Buck, wait! I'm coming with you." He called out, rushing down the stairs.