135

It was almost time for Peter to leave, so y/n and Peter were having one last karaoke session before he went off to his dance. They had tried to get Bucky to join in, but he was much happier simply watching.

The music blasted loudly throughout the apartment, yet y/n and Peter seemed to be singing even louder. They practically screamed the lyrics, using whatever they could find around the apartment as microphones. Now, the singing definitely wasn't good, but that didn't matter. It was fun. The perfect hype session before something scary like a school dance.

Bucky was leant against the kitchen counter with a fond smile on his face as he watched the pair. God, he'd missed this. Y/n used to do this almost every day back at the compound. It was nice to see some normality again.

Bucky would never join in on things like this unless it was just him and y/n, and even then it would take a lot of convincing. He simply wasn't as confident at dancing or as passionate about music as y/n was, but that never meant that he was going to be a buzzkill. He was never going to hold y/n back, he loved her far too much for that. Bucky adored watching her dance around so freely, never in his life was he going to ruin that.

Peter laughed as y/n hopped up onto the coffee table, continuing to sing into the TV remote as if it were a microphone. Usually Peter would have little karaoke sessions on his own, but it was different with y/n. She could match his energy completely and never seemed to care what anyone else was thinking of her, it was great.

However, a sudden loud knock at the door quickly grabbed everyone's attention.

"I'll get it!" Peter exclaimed with a grin, setting down the TV remote. He didn't really think anything of the knocking, it was probably just Aunt May or Ned. Or MJ. Oh god, what if it was MJ?

He took a deep breath, quickly smoothing his hair out of his face as he made his way toward the door. He tried his hardest not the laugh at the sound of y/n trying to teach Bucky how to turn the volume down on the music as he reached out to open the door. If he was on his own, Peter would've checked who it was through the peephole, but he was far too distracted by everything going on in the background. Plus, it was probably just Aunt May.

"Hey! I thought you were working late tonight? Sorry that I moved the spare key, I left mine in the kitchen this morning." Peter rambled, as he opened the door. His face was a slight shade of red from all the dancing around, but all of that colour seemed to disappear once he realised who it was.

Tony.

Peter practically felt his heart drop out of pure fear, his smile completely disappearing. He wasn't even sure what to say. Peter hadn't told Tony that y/n and Bucky were there. He hadn't told anyone. He'd never betray them like that. How did he know? No, maybe he didn't know. Maybe he was here for something else.

Peter cleared his throat, leaning awkwardly against the doorframe as if to block Tony's view from the rest of the apartment. "Mr Stark! What-" Peter paused, almost choking on his own saliva. God, he was bad at keeping secrets. "What're you doing here?" He asked with a nervous laugh. "If it's about a mission, now's really not a good time. I have a school dance tonight and-"

"I know, Pete. I know." Tony sighed, raising his eyebrows at Peter's terrible attempt at casually leaning against the doorway. "You know exactly why I'm here. Now go downstairs and get in the car, Happy is driving you to the dance. I'll deal with this." He commanded calmly, gesturing for Peter to leave the apartment.

Y/n and Bucky froze at the sound of Tony's voice. In a matter of seconds, the once happy and energetic atmosphere shifted into one of stress and adrenaline. Tony was there. He was right there. And that could only mean one thing. Trouble.

Y/n and Bucky were stood on opposite sides of the apartment, both just staring at one another with wide eyes. It was impossible to even utter a word without being heard, but both of them knew exactly what they had to do. They pressed their emergency buttons.

Bucky was the first to break eye contact, desperately scanning around the apartment for their bags. They had so many little trinkets and photos in those bags, so many little things that the pair didn't want to let go of. Especially with the fact that y/n's map was in there. But, there was one problem. The bags were right beside the front door, completely in Tony's view. It was impossible to get to them without getting caught.

Y/n slowly stepped down from the coffee table, making sure that the music kept playing so that it could mask their movements a little better. Her heart was racing with fear, yet her movements stayed as calm as possible as she moved toward the window.

She took a careful breath, peeking behind the curtains to see what the situation was outside. However, as soon as she peeked, she quickly moved away from the window. Everything was out there. Helicopters, armoured vehicles, even snipers waiting for a clear shot. This wasn't just Tony. This was a sting operation. But y/n only had one question.

How did Tony find out? She knew for sure that Peter hadn't snitched on them, so how?

"Peter, move." Tony repeated in a serious tone. "Either you let me in so I can reason calmly with them, or they'll get shot and caught by all of the people outside. Your choice." He hummed, practically guilt tripping the poor kid. He could see the confusion on his face, but all he was focused on was the fact that he finally had the chance to capture y/n and Bucky again. "You know, installing that camera in your suit was the best thing I've ever done. Now I can protect you from global fugitives like these two."

The camera.

The camera in Peter's suit. The one that y/n had obliviously walked and danced past several times. Great.