151

"These things are crazy!"

It was pure chaos out on the battlefield, and the most terrifying thing was the fact that Thanos' army had the advantage. There were hundreds of thousands of aliens, and more and more just seemed to be appearing. It was too much, far too much. Some soldiers were being forced to fight three at once, and that was sure to not have a positive outcome. But, everyone continued to push on and fight. They had to.

Y/n was still up at the front with T'Challa and Steve, and despite her continuous commentary through her earpiece, she was struggling. Everyone was. She had quite a nasty gash on her cheek, and several other little cuts and bruises from where the aliens had managed to catch her. Mud and alien goop caked her skin, seeming to just make the wounds sting even more than they already did. It wasn't fun.

"My leg isn't food!" Y/n huffed through gritted teeth, teleporting away just before one of the aliens could clamp down on her leg. She teleported behind the alien, an angry look on her face as she blasted it with as much fire as she could muster. She left her palm out for a long while, burning the screeching alien to a crisp. She didn't have to, she could've blasted it once and left it to burn, but she was angry. It was the same alien that had sliced at her cheek, she could tell by the dagger in its eye.

Y/n used her spare hand to wipe furiously at the bleeding gash on her cheek, her eyes staying fixed on the raging flames. There was something so satisfying about watching the alien burn - it writhed screeched in a desperate attempt to escape, but y/n continued to blast it with a constant stream of fire. It gave her time to catch her breath and listen out for anyone that needed help, well, she was listening out for Bucky to be specific.

"Shuri, how long until you can get the mind stone out?" T'Challa called out over the earpiece, sounding pretty worried over all of the chaos. He had every right to be worried, they were completely outnumbered by Thanos' army.

"I'm not even ten percent done, brother!" Shuri responded in a stressed tone. "I'm going as fast as I can, but this isn't something that can be rushed! One wrong move and-"

Y/n was suddenly tackled to the ground by another one of the aliens, causing her earpiece to be sent flying out of her ear. She hit the grass hard, completely knocking the wind out of her and causing her vision to blur for a few moments. Her head had smacked against the ground hard, along with almost every other body part, but hitting her head was the worst. It completely disorientated her, and her body almost felt as if it were tingling. These aliens were strong, really strong. But, she had no time to wallow in pain and lay still on the ground, the aliens had completely surrounded her.

There had only been one at first, but by the time that y/n finally came back to her senses, there were at least five all piling on top of her. They clawed and bit at anything that they could get to, completely pinning y/n down.

"Shit!" Y/n yelled, squirming under all of the aliens as she tried her hardest to escape them. She'd already tried to teleport away, but she was far too disorientated to focus on an area to teleport to. Her hands immediately shot up as an alien tried to clamp its jaws around her head, cursing loudly as she used all of her strength to stop the alien from biting down. Her arms were shaking with the amount of strength that it took, but that wasn't even the worst of it. She could see into its mouth.

Rows and rows of sharp, crushing teeth.

A disgusting glob of drool dripped down onto y/n's face as she continued to struggle, just seeming to make the situation even worse. Keeping an alien from biting your head off whilst also wriggling around to escape the aliens attacking the rest of your body wasn't exactly the greatest thing in the world.

They were clawing and biting at every body part that they could reach, and it was excruciating. If she had her earpiece in, she would've yelled for help, but it was far too loud out on the battlefield for anyone to hear her. She was alone, about to be completely mauled by a bunch of aliens. Y/n did say that she was willing to die to save the world, but it didn't mean that she actually wanted to. Plus, this wasn't really the best way to go out.

Y/n gritted her teeth together, her hands still firmly on the alien's face to prevent it from biting her face off in one fell swoop. However, it was getting harder and harder to hold the alien back. Her legs and arms were getting completely mauled by other aliens. They teared at her mission suit, clamped their teeth into her skin, tried to drag her around, and so much more. It was excruciating and terrifying. Completely pinned down and unable to escape.

Y/n closed her eyes, crying out in desperation as she continued to try and hold the alien away. Her arms were slowly beginning to give up on her, causing the alien to slowly inch closer and closer to her face. This was where she was going to die. In a battlefield surrounded by hundreds of other fallen soldiers. The only power she could mimic was super soldier strength. If she focused her energy on any other power, she'd lose the strength in her arms and her head would get crushed in a matter of seconds. But, y/n wasn't going to give up without a fight. She was going to dig her nails in and hold them back for as long as she possibly could, there was no other way.

That was when the sky begun to darken. Grey clouds begun to form, completely obscuring the sun. But the thing that caused everyone (even Thanos' army) to freeze were the sounds of thunder.

It wasn't a storm. It was Thor.