76

Peter didn't know how to react. There was someone completely identical to him, just stood there. The pair stared at one another for a moment whilst Peter tried to gather his thoughts, he didn't know what to do. It must be the guy that kidnapped y/n, he was tricking him. Peter slowly raised his hand in the air, watching curiously as the person mirrored him with ease. He took a step to the side, so did the person. He hopped up and down on the spot, so did the person. He took his mask off, so did the person. They were an exact copy of him. Peter quickly looked away from the clone, scrunching his eyes up with a confused breath. It had to be an illusion. This stupid guy was just playing tricks on him. Maybe that was how he kidnapped y/n. He had to save his friend. "Come on, Spiderman." He whispered to himself, running a hand through his hair. Peter quickly glanced over at the clone to check if they were still there, and they were, still mirroring him. Come on, he could defeat a simple illusion. The clone probably wasn't even a physical thing.

Peter suddenly turned toward the clone, running toward it at full speed, preparing to fight. "Where's y/n? What'd you do to her?" He yelled, beginning to shoot webs at the person. However, instead of mirroring Peter like before, the clone simply stepped out of the way of Peter's webs. The clone didn't respond, and instead shapeshifted back into it's original body. Peter expected it to be the man that kidnapped y/n, but it wasn't. It was y/n. Before Peter could react, y/n raised her hands, mimicking Wanda's powers as she blasted him straight into one of the concrete pillars. 

Peter hit the pillar hard, his eyes wide as he stared at y/n. He blinked hard over and over again, thinking that he was just seeing things after hitting his head on the pillar. But, he wasn't seeing things. Y/n was walking toward him with a look of determination and bloodlust, an orb of fire in her palm. "Y/n? What're you doing? It's me, it's Peter!" Peter exclaimed in surprise, ignoring the pain in his body as he forced himself to stand up. Y/n didn't respond, she didn't even seem to react to what Peter was saying. She was on a mission, and that mission was to eliminate the target. Peter quickly ducked behind a pillar when he realised y/n wasn't stopping, flinching as the pillar beside him was blasted with fire. He tried his hardest to catch his breath, pressing his back up against the pillar. He didn't want to fight y/n. It felt wrong. But she didn't seem to be giving him any other choice.

Y/n suddenly blasted the concrete pillar, watching as it exploded, the rubble launching everywhere. But, Peter was nowhere to be seen. She frowned, glancing around to try and spot him, but he'd disappeared. Y/n cursed under her breath, launching orbs of fire into the darkness to illuminate the area. She had to find the target. Y/n created a few clones of herself to act as decoys as she strolled around the warehouse, prepared to attack at any moment.

Peter had hidden on the ceiling, trying his hardest to stay calm. He regretted not calling Tony, he couldn't fight y/n on his own. But he still didn't understand why y/n was trying to hurt him, he thought they were best friends. Unless this was just some sick training session? Peter's focus quickly came back as he spotted y/n walking around underneath him. He was careful not to make a noise as he fired webs at y/n, his eyes widening as the webs went straight through her. That wasn't her, that was a decoy. Great, this was going to be much harder than he thought. Peter moved slowly across the ceiling, careful to avoid anything that made any noise. It didn't take long for him to figure out who the real y/n was. The decoys didn't make the water ripple when they stepped in puddles. Peter could feel his heart beating through his chest as he watched y/n's movements, trying to figure out the best way of attack. He still had hope that he could find a truce with y/n. Maybe it really was just a training session. Yeah, that was it. Just a surprise training session. 

Y/n strolled around the warehouse, pulling a knife off of the holster on her leg. She subconsciously flipped the knife in her hand, listening out for any sort of noise. "Spidermannn! Come play!" Y/n hummed in a sing-song vice, a sick smile on her face. She scraped her knife against one of the pillars, not seeming to flinch at the horrible noise. Y/n soon stopped her strolling, suddenly whipping around and swinging her knife. 

Peter was right behind her, hanging upside-down from a web, and she knew it. She sliced the web with ease, causing Peter to yelp as he fell to the ground on his head. Y/n spent no time in kicking Peter hard in the gut, flipping her knife as she planned to stab him next. "Y/n! It's me- Oh my god-" Peter rambled, rolling as fast as he could when y/n tried to slice at him. He quickly got up onto his feet, ducking as y/n tried to slice at his head. "Hey! That's rude!" He exclaimed, trying to ignore all the pain in his body, but it was definitely slowing him down. Peter continued to duck and back away from y/n, firing a few webs at her feet to stop her in her tracks. Once y/n had stopped, he punched her hard in the face, a slight smile on his face after doing so. If y/n was going to hurt him, so was he. A full-on training session.

Y/n's head rocked back as she was punched in the face. However, as she turned her head back to face Peter, a look of pure rage had replaced the sick smile. She mimicked super soldier strength to rip her feet out of the webs, kicking Peter hard in the stomach, launching him into a nearby pillar. Y/n walked with determination toward the kid, not giving him any chance to breathe. Peter coughed, tasting blood in his mouth at the harsh kick. He took in a sharp breath, but as soon as he opened his eyes, y/n was there. She smashed Peter's head into the pillar, swiping down and slicing his cheek with her knife. Y/n then reached down, lifting Peter up by his neck, squeezing tight as she smashed him into the pillar again. The hand around his neck was beginning to heat up, preparing to burn him to make the death quicker.  

Peter couldn't see straight, his whole head felt as if it was vibrating due to the pain and the blood rushing to his head. The cut on his cheek was bleeding heavily, but that wasn't his main priority. His eyes widened as y/n lifted up by his neck, grabbing at her arm in attempt to get her to loosen. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't breathe at all. Peter wheezed for air, trying to kick at y/n to get her to let go. "Y/n..." He whispered, gripping onto her arm as tight as possible.

It was the closest Peter had been to y/n for the whole fight, and the first time he'd looked into her eyes. The pupils were there, yes, but she wasn't. Cold, dead eyes. Void of all emotion except rage. Almost robotic. That wasn't the y/n he knew. That wasn't y/n. That was a killer.

Peter continued to struggle for air, blinking back the tears in his eyes as the world around him begun to grow dark. This was where he was going to die. He knew it. He could feel y/n's hand heat up, bracing for the burning to begin. But, another voice suddenly caused Peter to open his eyes again. It was the stranger, a hand on y/n's shoulder, watching Peter with calm eyes. "That's enough, Soldier." He commanded.

Y/n dropped Peter as soon as she heard the command. She tucked her knife back into the holster, turning to face Zemo with cold eyes. Zemo kept a hand on y/n's shoulder, he hadn't realised how powerful the code words were until he used them. Y/n listened to him and only him, it was amazing. "We don't need any bodies yet. I think we've left a clear enough warning though, haven't we?" He said calmly, glancing back at Peter with a raised eyebrow.

Peter quickly nodded, sat on the ground in between the rubble from pieces of the pillar being broken off. "Mhm. Loud and clear, sir." Peter rushed out, his voice hoarse from being choked so aggressively. He watched as the stranger and y/n left the warehouse, frozen in fear. As soon as they were gone, Peter lay down on the cold floor. He forced himself to hold back tears, covering his eyes with his hands. He seriously thought he was going to die there, his whole life had flashed before his eyes. "Goddammit!" He yelled, overwhelmed with emotion now that the adrenaline had died down. 

That wasn't y/n. Something had come over her. The y/n that he fought was a cold-blooded killer, not the y/n that he'd danced on the roof with just last week.

He had to get back to the compound and tell the team.