80

The sun was slowly dipping over the horizon, their only source of light being the raging fire surrounding the team. It created a flickering orange hue over everything, just enough to see people if they were up close. It was eerie.

Bucky's silhouette could be seen in the distance, stood in the grass, surrounded by a circle of fire. He whistled again to make sure that he had y/n's attention, taking shaky breaths in and out. He knew that whistle far too well, and actually using it on y/n felt wrong. This all felt wrong. He wasn't supposed to fight y/n. It was supposed to be y/n and Peter's turn to make dinner tonight. Tony should be sat on the couch with a pizza delivery on speed dial, but instead he was laying in the grass, having his head stamped in by y/n. It was all wrong. It was all so, so wrong. 

Y/n stepped over Tony's body, not even seeming to care about the blood on her shoes. Bucky had caught her attention, and she had to take him down. She blasted the fire out of her path, copying Bucky as she flipped a knife in her hand. As she made her way closer, he slowly became clearer. The light from the flames bounced off of his metal arm as he nervously flipped the knives in his hands. He wasn't nervous because he knew y/n could beat him, he was nervous to hurt her. The rest of the team had failed at snapping her out of it, he was the final chance. It wasn't even supposed to go as far as this, Bucky was supposed to be there to comfort y/n once they managed to snap her out of it. Now here she was, walking toward him with the same empty look in her eyes. 

"Y/n. Listen to me. This isn't you." Bucky started, backing up a little as y/n got closer. He soon reached the border of fire around the small circle of grass, cursing to himself as he stepped back out of the fire and into the grass before his mission suit could catch on fire. There was nowhere to run, he had to snap her out of it. "That's not my name." Y/n said angrily, confused on why everyone kept calling her that. She didn't have a name. She was simply a soldier. She used her powers to drag Bucky closer, sick of him just backing up. He whistled at her for a reason, he obviously wanted to fight, so there was no reason for him to back away.

Y/n raised her leg to kick Bucky in the stomach, wanting to get him on the ground so she could finish him as soon as possible. But, Bucky caught her leg. Her eyes widened as he twisted her leg, causing her to twist along with it to make sure her leg didn't break. "I'm not fighting you, y/n." Bucky sighed, kicking her other leg so she fell to the ground. Y/n grunted as she fell to the ground, looking up at Bucky with angry eyes, annoyed at herself for being knocked down. "That's not my name!" She repeated, beginning to raise her voice. She was sick of everyone calling her that. It wasn't her. Y/n quickly pushed herself back up and onto her feet, ready to fight again.

But, Bucky blocked and dodged everything. He didn't fight y/n. Simply pushing her away or to the ground with every chance that he got. He couldn't bring himself to raise a hand at y/n, he couldn't do it. "Fight me!" Y/n yelled, the frustration and anger evident on her face. She hated the fact that Bucky wasn't fighting her, and he knew that. She was hurting herself more by trying to attack Bucky, hitting Bucky's metal arm over and over was sure to leave some bruises on her. Bucky shook his head, continuing to block and duck. He'd even dropped his knives on the ground. There was no way he would forgive himself if he hurt her. "You know me, y/n." Bucky said seriously, looking at the anger and frustration of her face. However, there was something in her eyes. A sort of realisation under the emptiness. Bucky was beginning to snap her out of it. "No I don't." Y/n huffed angrily, suddenly blasting Bucky with an orb of energy that launched him to the ground.

Bucky grunted as he hit the ground, not expecting a move like that. He was exhausted from constantly blocking, but he had to carry on. Bucky tried his hardest to stand back up before y/n got any closer, but a sharp pain in his abdomen quickly caused him to freeze. His eyes widening as he looked down to see what had happened. Y/n had thrown her knife at him, and the blade had sunk right into his stomach.