Liar

We were going to shoot at a market, instead of a studio as it was a food variety show. I didn't knew why they invited me to a food show when I'm not that much of a foodie. More like the opposite. I hadn't even mentioned anything about food or something like that before. They should have called Jin instead.

We parked our van at a suitable spot and I opened the door to the scorching sun making me squint my eyes. Soon the bright rays were blocked as an umbrella was held above me.

"Let's go and greet everybody." Manager-nim said.

We walked our way greetings the staff to the producer who was giving instructions, standing outside a restaurant.

I bowed to greet him.
"Hello, I am Y/n from BTS. Thank you for having me here."

He seemed somewhat confused. He whispered something to a staff.

"Im Soo-hyang-shi got caught up in some stuff, so....." I heard him reply.

Aah, so I am a replacement. That.....made more sense. But that didn't matter, the fact that they considered me was enough. I have to do my best to promote our upcoming album.

A staff told me to get seated on one of the table in the restaurant which looked very authentic and traditional. I was just amazed by the interior making me wonder how does the food of this beautiful place taste.
"I'll bring something for you to drink."
Said my manager. As I watched him jogging out the restaurant, at the same time I saw a guy with black sunglasses with a strong presence around him entering the restaurant. That's how you know he's a famous personality. I wonder how my presence feels like to other, if at all there's any.

Eun woo's pov

I move my eyes around through my shades and spotted her. She's sitting with her hands on the table fiddling with her bracelet. People are pacing here and there around her, making loud noises. But leaned against the chair, she looks like she's immersed in her own world. She lifts her gaze to me and crosses her fingers like she's waiting to kill me. I thought gray color from my shades made her look intimidating but no. When I remove them she still looks like a grim reaper. Is she really Jungkook's noona?

I move ahead to greet her. She stands up as I approached her.
"Annyeonghaseyo, Cha Eun Woo-imnida (Hello, I am Cha Eun Woo)

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am Y/n. Pleasure meeting you." She says forming a smile. That single smile shattered my idea of her cold looking personality.

A staff member came up to us to give the cue cards and explain today's shoot. As we heard the various activities, Y/n-shi's expression got uptight.

The host showed up and the filming began. After we both gave our introduction, the first activity began. We had to guess the names of the dishes presented to us. I think she barely knew any of them. At the end she could guess one few of them, coming up with hilarious names. Next we had to recognize the ingredients blind folded. She knew the ingredients names but not in Korean. The PD-nim looked quite pissed at this point and Y/N-shi seemed to be tensed.

The last task was to eat as much dumplings as we can in the designated time. The timer began and we started eating the dumplings. I was already full from all the things we had to try before so it was quite challenging. I looked over at Y/n-shi who was literally forcing the dumplings in without taking a pause yet smiled at the camera like it's a peice of cake. I couldn't possibly continue after seeing trying her so hard. Obviously she won the task.

"Are you okay, Y/N-shi? You surprisingly ate quite a lot of dumplings there." The host asked.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine. I love dumplings." She said covering her mouth as he tried the complete her last bite. She looked like she was going to tear up.

"Why don't we take a break here." I suggested.

"Okay, let's take a short break." The PD-nim announced and staff broke into discussions.

As I turned talk to Y/n- shi, I realized she was already out of sight.

Y/n's pov.

As soon as I heard "Cut" I ran towards the washroom before I would throw up. I reached there in time and all that I ate came out of my mouth. I was relieved that this didn't happen in the middle of shoot. Knowing that I am already a light eater, I shouldn't have come here. But considering I was already here I wanted to be useful. I was glad that I somehow won at least one task. After refreshing I returned to the set. I was still nauseous.

"Are you alright, Y/N-shi?" Eun woo asked offering me a water bottle.

"Yes." I said talking the bottle.

"You are exactly like as I heard from Jungkook."

Jungkook? Ah, yes. They both are '97 Liners. I wonder what he told him about me.

"Do I take that as a compliment or....?"

"No, no it is a compliment." He said laughing.

"I hope Jungkook gets along well, if he becomes a nuisance, you can tell me anytime and I'll set him straight." I said but I knew Jungkook can never be a trouble to anybody.

Fortunately in the next segment we only had to ask each other questions from the cue cards. I asked him about his upcoming drama 'My ID Is Gangnam Beauty.' which from his answer seemed to have an interesting plot and was easy to link with our upcoming album 'Love Yourself : Tear'

"What do you love about yourself?" Eun woo asked from the cue card and I was baffled as I never thought a answer to such basic questions when our whole album is around this topic. Idiot!

"..like something that makes you proud of yourself?" He draged the question to give me time to think.

"I....... like that I am capable to help others from time to time"

'Liar' That sickening voice, I hadn't heard in months came back.

"I see, so you feel good when you help others."

"Yeah."

'No, you don't. We both know why you do that.'

The shooting came to an end and I said me goodbyes to Cha Eun Woo and others. I thought I did a pretty good job. I hopped into the van to feel the cool air of the AC. I reclined the seat, ready to fall asleep at any moment.
Suddenly the door besides me was slammed open taking me aback. I saw a old woman with salt and pepper hair. Her shaky hands with long pointed nails extended towards me and cupped my face.

"LIFE'S A DREAM, WHEN TIME COMES YOU MUST WAKE UP!"
I was scared to death by how she was gawking at me like she's looking right into my soul. My heart throbbed out of my chest as I shifted back onto my seat. I closed my eyes in fear and opened them to see her gone. I jumped out of the van and looked around to see the area completely deserted.

Author's note

I know I don't update consistently.
Sorry, I am procrastinator😅
Anyways, do vote and comment like always so I keep updating.