Friend

I don't want to go. My body doesn't want to move but my mind is telling me I have to. 'All eyes are on you, they are waiting for your reaction. The more time you take, the faster this place will fill with talks.'
Two people are in my vision, first Leo, it is taking everything in me to ignore the fact that he's suddenly here, in front of me. His presence is making my heart burn. Everything he did, plays in my mind. Why now, when I was finally feeling good, ready to forget. How can a person be so indifferent? After all that he has done. He had the audacity to show up here.
No. I am done.
I don't want this person to be in my life anymore. I am not going on that stage, no matter what these people think of me. I am not going to that person.
As I was trying to process all these emotions. I didn't notice the second person had presented himself in front of me. Ji hoo had come down from the stage to me.
He takes my hand to escort me to the stage. Even though I was not planning on going there but when he held my hand I got drifted with him.
"Please, stay near me." I say to Alex who is behind us.
"Yes, I will be." He says as he positions himself beside the stage. And I climbed up with Ji hoo.
I am standing between Ji hoo and Leo, more to the side of Ji hoo as I can't bear standing beside Leo. My mind is telling me that if I just don't acknowledge his existence I will be fine. People are taking photos of us which is adding to my misery.

"I don't know if Y/n knows it or not but, I am really big fan of her work. She's just as amazing of a person as she is an artist. There's a part of me that resonates with her art and music. It was through this project that I got to meet her personally. And I would be lying if it wasn't the best thing that has happened to me recently." He laughs a little and looks at me for a reaction but I couldn't move any muscle in my face. I just stared at my feet.

But his words mean nothing to me after what he has just did. He's the reason I came here. He's reason I set my doubts aside, gather up the courage to come to this party. Only to see him. So I could talk with him. But how did that ended up.

"Jeez at least smile." I hear Leo whispering as he is giving his usual fake smile to the people.

'Shut up' I said in my head. As if him standing near me wasn't agitating enough.

"Now that we are friends, I have a question to ask her." Ji hoo speaks in the mic again. Now he is facing me instead of the crowd. There's light in his eyes and lively smile on his lips. He takes a few steps back.
"Will you be...
My heart skips a beat.

the brand ambassador for this project?"
I was relieved and disappointed at the same time as if I was expecting him to say something else.
The crowd is cheering for my answer. I get the mic.
"I'll think about it." I say without facing Ji hoo.
That was it. That's how much I could bear for the day.
I ran to Alex. "Get me out of here." I say as tears came out of my eyes.
___________________________________________

Ji hoo's POV

I go after Y/n as she left so abruptly. She wasn't looking good from the moment I saw her talking on the phone. The colour from her face had drained. I thought she was just nervous so I chose to help her come up to the stage. This wasn't what I imagined would happen when Leo asked me for the favour.

I see Y/n and her bodyguard entering the emergency exit stairs.

"Y/n!" I call from above the stairs as they descended down.
"Wait, Y/n" run down the stairs to catch up with them. I was about to stop her by taking her hand but instead I was greeted by her bodyguard.
"Sir, I need you to back up"

She didn't even bother to look back.
"What happened? At least tell me what" I try to catch my breath. "..happened?"
"Are you okay? You don't look good."
No answer. She was just going down step by step as if she didn't hear a word I said.

"Did I do something wrong?"

She stops for a second and I tried to go to her but her bodyguard won't move an inch.
"Man, at least let me talk to her."

"You can talk from here." He says.

"She's my friend and I just...."
As soon as I said this I got screamed in my face.
"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME YOUR FRIEND!"
I see Y/n with tears all over her face. She sobs a little and then tries to swallow back her tears.
"NOT AFTER WHAT YOU JUST DID."

"But what did I even do?"
Did she not like the surprise.

"If you don't want to be the brand ambassador you can just say no. It was just an offer."
I say as I am trying to figure out what went wrong.

I don't think what I said helped in any way as she starts crying hysterically, catching the rail for support upon hearing that. I was utterly stressed and confused. I didn't know what I did to hurt this person this bad but I just knew I did something wrong. Oh god somebody please tell me what did I do!

She slowly started to leave down the stairs but this bodyguard held me in my place. He was really good at his job but for the first time I wished that he wouldn't be.

Once Y/n was out of sight, the Bodyguard stepped back and went to see Y/n out.
Before he left he said,
"Hey Man. I know it's not my place to tell you but I know how it feels to not know what you did wrong. You see I have a wife. But the person who was on the stage with you is one mistake away from getting a restraining order from her."

________________________________________
Narrator's POV

"I didn't know that. How was I supposed to know that You and Leo are not on good terms. In fact, Leo asked me to invite you, saying he wanted to suprise you." He said to the back of Y/n in the parking lot.

"So.." Y/n stoped and turned around.
"So, you invited me because you were told to do so." The tears on her face had dried. At this point, she looked like she had turned into a stone with those blank eyes.

"I mean I was already planning to regardless.."

Y/n starts to walk away

"Y/n..Wait."

She enters the van and closes the door with a slam.

You! Yes You! Where are you going without voting?

↘️