The Meeting

I bring my arm in front of me to have a look at my wrist watch as I run towards the board room. The small needle is about to reach one and the long need is on eleven.
'Only if J-hope hadn't stopped me for extra practice, I might have reached on time.'

I pause my jog and turn my head right at the studio door.
'Will he be there too?'

"Y/n!" The voice shakes me from my thought.

I face forward to see my manager standing against the door motioning me to come there.

"Am I late?" I say as I reach there.

"No but why are you sweating?"

"Dance practice" I manage to say between my short breaths.

"Here" He take out a handkerchief from his pocket and offers me.

"Thanks" I say as I take it and wipe my sweat off.

"Do I look decent?" I somehow find the need to ask and later question myself for it.

"Yeah. You are fine."
"And relax Y/n, you are not doing this for the first time." He knows I am not good at talking with authorities.

"First time without them and I still don't know the agenda of the meeting."

He brings the phone to his ear and ends the call by one word that is
"Okay"

"We can go inside now." He tells me. I nod as I entered through the door he has held open for me.

The air of the AC hits me as soon as I get myself in the room. There's a small black conference table right in front of us. To the very end of it sits Mr. Bang Si-hyunk. Seeing his face, made me relax my nerves. He always has this welcoming vibes which never fails to reach you.
Besides him are seated two department executives whom I recognize but haven't had a talk before. I was relieved to find no trace of Sam being present but that doesn't clear anything.
I bow to each of them and PD-nim.
"Have a seat." Bang Pd-nim gestures by his hand.

My anxiety made me hold the chair to the very ahead of me and farther away from them but my manager saved me from making such stupid decision by pulling a chair for me at the appropriate place.
I walk to him and get seated in the chair.
He then took the seat to the right of me giving me some space from them and uneasiness I was feeling.

The two department heads had their notepads with something scribbled before them. I tried to zoom my vision in an attempt to make something out of it.
"So Y/n," Bang Pd-nim grabbed my attention towards him.
He opened a black file and flipped some pages with his left hand while the other hand holds the automatic ballpoint pen. He clicks the top of the pen with his thumb and lifts his eyes from the paper to me.

"How is the album going?"

'Am I here to present progress report?' I thought.

"It's going well, I have learned basic Japanese for the You Never Walk Alone album as you told me to."

"Good" He nodded.

"Listen Y/n you are doing good but"
He takes a glance at the papers.
"there's a lot of issues you need take care of."

I feel the beat of my heart accelerating at the speed of light. I knew this meeting would bring me some odious news for me but not knowing a hint about what I did wrong, choked me from inside. I squash my toes in the shoes to have a control over the panic.
I started guessing what could have I done to be called out.
'Is it about yesterday? No it can't be.

'Why was I late at the recording last week? It's just a trivial thing.'

"Mnet incident? It was a long time ago"

'Maybe Jimin complaint about me. He would never but I should be nicer to him'
'Aaah I have lost my mind! I just wish I could fast forward this part of the day.

"Can you tell us why you haven't posted a single picture of yourself at the fancafe until now?"
One of the executive asked in a tight voice.

Oh.

"I actually have."

"You mean the one with Taehyung at the Dalgona place, Daesang group photo, Mnet trophy with Jin, and all the other photos in which you have at least someone else in."

"Yeah and the one with silent....." I dropped down my tone at the realization that my nickname wasn't professional enough to be said at such meetings.

The man cleared his throat
"I think you meant this one."
He slid a photo towards me which travel first to my manager then me.
I look at the picture of mine shooting a hand gun at the camera.

"Yes, this and all the things you mentioned."

The man took a deep breath and asked
"Can you recall any photo of yourself, Only yourself."

I thought for a while.
"Umm....... Sorry, I can't."

"So can we know the reason for it?"

'You know the reason, don't you?'

"Sorry but I think I didn't realized this at all. I will remind myself to post my solo photos."

'Don't act like you aren't doing it consciously.'

"Fans are quick enough to notice such tiny details, they might make up things if they find something odd like this." The man said.

I wanted to know what likely would the armys assume from it.

"That problem will be solved if you post your next post" The other man on the either side of Pd-nim spoke.
"But what about these?"

He passed me a few images. I flipped them one by one, trying to identify a defect. They were of the award red carpet and fan meets. I checked if my outfit was okay, or if my expression wasn't odd, or any other tiniest mistake but I failed to figure out.
I raised my confused face up, expecting a response.

"We have been informed that you weren't cooperative to the press. You weren't able to follow their direction which made a delay for our group as well as the other groups"

'Huh....Troublemaker as always.'

I was nibbing on my lips throughout his words. I wished it was my birthday today and this was all a prank like we did to Jungkook. My hands felt sweaty and I noticed I still had manager-nim's handkerchief in my hand, so I rubbed off my hand with it under the table.

The room was now soundless and everyone was waiting for an explanation but instead I kept staring at my hand, crumbling the napkin.
The person sighed at my silence.

"Y/n, do you need anything? We can get experts to train you to face camera." Band Pd-nim's serene voice made me lift my head.
I stared at his face cluelessly as I sense a déjà vu. It was at the back of my head but I couldn't remember.

"I am sure she understood her mistake, I will too take care the mistakes aren't repeated." Manager-nim made me break my stare.

"I'm sorry." The only words that are left for me to say.

"I believe you will not disappoint us in future." Bang Pd-nim said with a faint smile and stood up.

"I will try my best not to." I said standing up from my chair.

The personnels started to leave with their belongings and I bowed them goodbye.

"And Y/n.." director-nim turned at the doorway.
"About Sam....

....he took a break from the company. You can continue working with Suga and other producer on the songs that are left incomplete by him.

Author's note

If you liked the chapter please vote.
Please...💜