Experiments

Bruce asked Valen to meet him in his lab after she had lunch. She still didn't have details of why he wanted to see her, but she didn't care.

She knocked three times on the glass door. Bruce twirled around on his chair and waved her in. She looked around at all the different screens showing scientific things she didn't understand.

"How are you, Valen?" Bruce waved his hand in front of the screen he was sitting by making it change screens.

Valen gave him a thumbs-up before sitting down on a twirly chair. She moved back and forth before grabbing the counter and twirling herself in a fast motion. The chair came to a stop where Bruce could see a hint of a smile.

He looked down and smiled to himself so that Valen wouldn't notice he saw her. "Valen, I wanted to know what all your abilities are. I understand you can form ice and turn invisible on your own free will, but what are the limitations? Can you do anything else or can your powers increase into something more?"

She looked at him with a hesitant look. She didn't like where this was going. Hydra did plenty of experiments on her and she was not willing to be another lab rat.

Bruce scooted his chair forward but when Valen backed away, he scooted back. "I'm not going to hurt you. Nobody here wants to hurt you. I'm just curious, I can't help it."

He reattempted to approach her. When she didn't step back, he reached out a hand for her to take. Slowly Valen grabbed his hand and got off the seat. Bruce offered her a warm smile before leading her out into the hall to take her to a different room. She had her arms crossed the whole walk.

Bruce opened up a door for Valen and gestured for her to go inside. She took a few steps forward until she saw an exam table that someone had built straps to. Bruce walked in after her and went over to the cabinets to grab a needle.

Her whole body started to shake, a new panic she'd never felt before pulsed throughout her veins.

Valen took one step back, then two, then three. Her back hit the door causing a thud to alert Bruce. He looked at her confused. He followed her eyes to the needle in his hand.

"Valen, it's not-"

He made the mistake of stepping towards her so she put a wall of ice between the two of them. Her hands trembled as she tried to turn the door handle. When she finally got it open she took off as fast as she could.

She had made it to her room and locked herself in the bathroom. She made it to the furthest corner and slid down the wall holding her legs close to her chest.

-

"Bruce?" Steve called out walking down the hallways. Friday alerted him that Bruce needed his assistance.

"I'm in here! I'm in here!" A very soft voice could be heard by Steve.

He opened the door to see a large wall of ice and the distortion of a body on the other side. "Bruce, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Can you get me out?"

"Yeah. Let me go get some help."

Steve returned with Vision. Vision warned Bruce to stand as close to the wall as he could. Then he used his stone to create a doorway that crashed to pieces when it fell.

"Banner, what happened?" Steve was the first one to walk to the other side.

"It was my fault. I didn't warn her about the needle. I was going to take a blood sample to study later. I should've asked, I should've said something before leading her here. She freaked out when I pulled this out. Is she okay?"