We'll Get Her Back

Peter grunted where he laid on the ground. He put a hand where Valen had just stabbed him and put pressure on it. Another whine escaped his lip. He slowly rolled over and put his free hand on the ground to support his weight as he lifted up.

As he stood up, he looked around for the girl he believed was dead for so long. He turned around in circles hoping to see her again, but she was gone. He needed to tell Tony. He was in too much pain to swing his way over so the next best option was taking the subway.

Before he started to limp his way to the underground transportation, he put his mask back on. People passed him, not giving him a second look. The people of New York are used to odd things. They didn't believe he was the real Spider-Man. Just another guy from Times Square dressed like him.

Peter almost fell onto the subway chairs as he limped inside. He groaned as he let his head fall back onto the wall behind him.

A kid sitting in front of him started nudging his mother beside him. "Mommy! Mommy! It's Spider-Man! Look!"

Peter smiled underneath his mask and waved his hand at the small boy. The mother's eyes went wide as she grabbed her son's hand and led him to a different seat. Confused, Peter looked at his hand to see he waved with the one that's been holding his wound.

He watched as all the stops went by. People coming, people going. Finally, the closest stop to the Avenger's Compound was next. Peter grabbed onto a railing to pull himself up and walked the rest of the way there.

"What in the world?" Tony had spotted Peter first as he walked inside the building. "What happened this time?"

"Valen."

Tony thought he didn't hear him right. "Repeat that."

"Valen. She isn't dead."

-

Valen sat in the corner of her cell. Her thoughts replayed tonight's events.

"Valen?" The masked boy took a step towards her, but she didn't recognize who this was. He then took off his mask, but she didn't know why that would help with anything. "V, it's me. Peter."

She tried so hard to try and remember who this Peter person was. He seemed to know her, and obviously know her well enough since he kissed her. The kiss. Valen placed two fingers on her lips. Something told her somehow she knew him. Somehow that wasn't their first time their lips had touched.

He had also called her Valen. He told her "V, it's me." She had been called V before by Ivan. She knew he slipped because he fixed himself to say Obscurity. So was that her name? Valen?

She had never heard that name before. Everyone only called her Obscurity, or O by the twins. The twins. T had said something about her escaping and that they had met before. Valen didn't believe her then, but what if it was true? She knew she didn't have all her memories, that Hydra did something to them, but what if they took away that boy? What if she really did know the boy in the street, or meet the twins before, or that she had escaped?

Valen pulled at her hair wanting answers, but knowing it was too dangerous to ask. She kept pushing herself to think hard. She thought about Peter or tried to recognize herself as Valen, but nothing was coming back.

"You have failed me." Zory spat. Valen looked up to see him standing at her bars looking completely angry. "The man you stabbed was gone. He's alive."

Relief flooded through Valen. It was an odd thing for her because she never felt anything for her victims. This one was different though. If he really knew her, she wanted to know more about it. She didn't show it in her face though.