Stakeout

Valen was watching tv when Tony walked in rubbing his hands. "Conference room. Now."

"What for?"

He didn't respond. Tony just walked off expecting to be followed. Valen got up and went into the conference room where only Peter sat in a chair.

"Where is everyone else?" Valen asked confused.

Peter shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Mr. Stark just told me to get here as soon as possible."

Tony shut the door and stood in front of the table. "Take a seat Val."

Valen did as instructed waiting to be told what was going on.

"Today, Valen, you have your first mission. You will be with Peter."

Valen looked at Peter excitedly. She's been waiting for her first mission for the Avengers. "What is it? Do I get to wear my new suit?"

"No. You and Peter will be keeping an eye out on Von Kreskic. You'll be a good distance away watching his every move. You will not approach him, you will not interfere with anything going on, you will simply watch." He slid two binders containing information on the guy towards the two.

Valen sat back into her seat, less excited. "A stakeout? That's my first mission? Come on man, I used to kill people for a living. Give me something more."

"Don't be proud of that. Anyway, yes you will be doing a stakeout. You and Peter will go tonight and report anything that you see."

"Mr. Stark? This is like police work. Why is this an Avengers matter? Couldn't a police officer or one of Shield's agents do this." Peter asked.

Tony smiled, confusing the two. "Glad you asked." He clicked a button on the remote he grabbed off the table. A video of Peter and Valen showed up on the screen behind him. It was of the two pushing one of Tony's cars out of the garage then skipping forward to them returning it, now with a scratch.

Peter and Valen looked at each other knowing full well why they're on this mission now.

Tony pointed a finger at the two. "Don't screw this up."

Valen laughed. "Have a little faith Anthony. There's no way we could screw this up."

Tony looked at Valen like he could throw her out the window for calling him Anthony. He was fine with her calling him Tony, just not Anthony.

Worried she might get yelled at, Valen nervously chuckled and ran out of the room. She went into her room where she started to study the files Tony gave her.

Von Kreskic. A thief, drug dealer, gang member. Has been arrested twice, got out early for good behavior. Valen still couldn't help wonder why this was an Avengers problem though.

Later that night, Valen met Peter outside the compound. She wasn't allowed to drive so Peter was the one behind the wheel. Tony made sure they were in a small black car that wouldn't raise any suspicion.

Valen banged the top of the car with her hand and looked through the open window. "Hot ride."

She jumped into the passenger seat, and Peter drove off to the location Von was supposed to appear. They parked behind two cars on the side of the road in perfect view of an abandoned building.

"What's he even doing in there?" Valen asked herself staring at the building. She could hear crunching beside her. She looked at Peter who was munching on something.

"Want some popcorn?" He held the bag out for her.

"Where did you get popcorn?"

"Brought it with me. Didn't know how long we would be here."