War

It was Thursday. In four days, Valen would have her first day in court. Last night, she had another nightmare and ended up freezing almost her entire room. Nat referred it to an icebox when she went to go check on Valen. She feared if she couldn't get it under control, the court would use it against her calling her unstable.

To keep her mind off it, she kept thinking about tomorrow. Her and Tony still had dinner plans with his lady friend Pepper. Valen already picked out a nice outfit to wear, but Wanda came in and made her choose a dress. She wanted to dress nice even though Stark told her he didn't care if she wore sweats.

Besides dreading the arrival of Monday, there was only one other thing bugging Valen. Ever since Loki and Thor arrived, they have been acting very suspicious. Everyone was quiet and seemed so serious. She felt like there was a secret that they all were keeping from her.

"You good?" Bucky waved a hand in front of Valen's face.

"What is everyone hiding?" Valen quit biting her fingernails.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Bucky sat beside her and put an arm behind her against the back of the couch.

"Thor said there was business to be discussed and now everyone is acting strange."

"I have no clue."

Valen punched him on the arm, completely forgetting that the side she was on would be beside his metal arm. She winced and shook her hand. "Liar."

Bucky chuckled watching Valen hold her hand. "You don't need to worry about it. You have other problems like having to act and look like a girl for dinner tomorrow."

"I act and look like a girl."

Bucky scuffed. "The only girl thing about you is that you're dramatic."

"So not true. I have the anatomy."

Bucky put a hand over Valen's mouth. He scrunched his face at her words. "Stop."

"It's got to count for something."

Thor walked past the two no longer showing a hint of his friendly side. He looked like he was ready to go to war. Loki followed behind but faltered for a split second when he looked at Valen. Something like pain hit him in his eyes, forcing him to look away and follow Thor.

Bucky patted Valen's head before getting up to join them. Valen walked to the window to watch the entire team get in the Quinjet and leave her behind.

"Friday, where are they going?" She called watching the Quinjet disappear in the clouds.

"Information classified."

Valen looked around like that was the stupidest thing she's ever heard. "Friday, I'm a Stark now so tell me the information."

"Information classified for Baby Stark."

Valen grabbed a phone and called Nat. She impatiently tapped her foot until Nat answered. "Where did you go?"

"V, we'll be back soon. Stay home. Peter will be there soon."

"Peter?" She sounded almost insulted. "Why are you purposely trying to distract me? What's going on?"

"We will be back tonight. Everything is okay."

"Everything is okay yet the whole team is gone."

"V."

"Nat."

Nat sighed. "We're just making sure nothing is happening. It's a quick look to make sure everything is okay, then we'll be back."

"How long is this 'quick look'? A week? A month? I'm going to be all alone Monday."

"Believe me. All of us will be there for you Monday."