Secretary Ross

Peter and Valen stayed in her room until noon. She was starting to get hungry so he tiptoed to the kitchen to steal a bunch of junk food before bringing it back to her.

He jumped on the bed and leaned on his elbow before looking at her. "We should get out of here for the day."

Valen scooted down on the bed to be eye level with him. "Where to?"

"I don't know. We'll just go on a walk like we used to."

Valen chuckled before leaning in to give him a quick kiss. "Okay."

Peter excitedly jumped out of her bed. "Come on then. Let's go!"

"I'm not changed yet, bug boy." Valen threw her covers off of her to show she was still in her pajamas.

Peter smiled at the nickname he hadn't heard in a while. He walked to her side of the bed to grab her arm and pull her off the bed. "Get changed then."

Valen laughed as he pushed her towards her closet. She turned on the light and shut the door before grabbing a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Peter was cleaning up the mess they made and then made her bed.

Valen walked out and headed towards the door, but Peter grabbed her shirt to pull her in the opposite direction.

"What are you doing? Doors that way." Valen pointed at the obvious exit.

"People are out there. We're going out the window."

Valen turned around to pull his hand off the back of her shirt. He let go but only to grab her waist. He shot out a web and swung them out.

"Peter, you left my window open."

Peter closed it with a web before grabbing her hand to run away from the compound.

-

Bruce and Tony were in the lab working on a new idea they had. They were discussing different techniques to use when Secretary Ross walked in unannounced with a group of men in tactical gear.

Tony put the pen that he was biting on down away from his mouth. He looked at Bruce who looked equally confused by his presence.

Bruce pushed his glasses to the top of his head. "Secretary Ross, what do we owe the pleasure?"

"Where's the girl?"

"You're going to have to be more specific. There's Natasha, Wanda, Carol, Gamora-" Tony put a finger down for each woman he listed off until he was cut off.

"The silver-headed one. I know she's alive and is here."

"I have no clue what you're talking about." Tony turned back to his screens to continue working.

"Stark, you will hand over the girl to me. She is a danger to society. Did you see the damage she caused alone at that little battle you all had?"

Bruce looked uncomfortable, not sure what to say. He decided to lie, knowing he would protect Valen at all costs. "We haven't seen her since then. She's probably back with Hydra."

Ross was losing patience fast. "I have sources that say otherwise."

"Your sources are wrong." Stark tapped aggressively a few times against his keyboard.

"Doubtful. She needs to be prosecuted for her crimes, for rejoining Hydra and the murder of civilians. She is too dangerous."

Tony looked at Bruce, about to lose it. "Well, you won't find her here."

Ross shrugged his shoulders. He leaned over to look at the man beside him. "Search the place."

The man didn't wait for another word before taking his crew to search the compound. Ross grabbed his own wrist, waiting for any comments from Banner or Stark.