🌻Sunshine 30🌻

"Cuppieeee....", Aoyue chrips on excitedment and hugs Xiao Zhan . Two pairs of eyes locked , both are sad , full of questions.

"Is that the thing " see you again" Yibo told him earlier?"

"Sunshine lives here ....beside my room!!!"

"Can we inside?",Yibo asks with a hurt pleading eyes which Xiao Zhan can't reject.

"Woah !!!! We live at the same building..Cuppiee ,can I come often?", Aoyue takes a sit beside Xiao Zhan. He is still uncomfortable and numb with Yibo has returned back into his life after so many years. And his little sister isn't good option plus that.

"Ao, please go back to your room. I need to talk with him", Yibo suddenly speaks out asking his sister to give them some moment. Xiao Zhan thought Aoyue won't hear Yibo but to his surprise the girl leaves for her own flat.

Xiao Zhan's POV

Why does destiny prank with me hysterically ? Out of nowhere why it's to be Yibo is living next to my door. I feel my throat clench tightly as I swallow, praying silently on my head.

Yibo is the first one between us breaks the awkward silence.

"I didn't know you're my neighbor. What a coincidence!!". I look downcast not knowing how to reply him. "Maybe that means we're destined " .I feel my heart gets stiffen for a second.

Destiny ??? Me and Yibo??

"I brought cake for my neighbor not knowing that it'll be actually you whom I offer his own making cake", Yibo laughs crackly. "Sunshine , your cake is still the best", he adds.

I wonder how will the things if Yibo didn't leave me four years ago? He still calls me Sunshine, he still manages to give me the chilies everytime he calls out my name. And the cake order it was from Yibo.

"Was it purely unintentional ?", I couldn't stop myself from asking. Yibo is shocked and paranoid maybe didn't expect me to ask something like that. But his lips forms a genuine smile then.

"I didn't lie to you Sunshine"

But you lied when you promised me to stay with me forever. I want to scream but I just can't. Four long years makes me too numb.

2 days later

As I pass the unit next to mine, my paces turn slow its own record. My thoughts are like now concrete emotions but whenever it's about him , my mind never seems to think straight.

Looking at Yibo's apartment I wonder if is it really right one? But then my mind replies me , it isn't polite manner not to welcome your neighbor. Specially when he came first to you.

Should I give them house warming gift?

But does Yibo really want something from me?

I sigh on defeat and turn my feet to my own door. Then another surprise the owner of next unit is leaning against my apartment wall.

I decide to act normal and fish out the key----but suddenly I'm feeling very tried , exhausted and teary.

"You're thinking about me?", a low soft voice whispers near to my body and I can't help shiver. I wish I wasn't . I stay on my harden expression as Yibo leans more closer and right now his large hand presses on my door, preventing me from open the door. "Were you, Sunshine?", he asks again.

I force my key on the keyhole and twist it harshly . "N-no one was thinking about you", I reply and enter my house. I know his posture is following me too.

"Oh shit then..You're so distracted to notice me before. So I wonder who were the lucky person you thinking about then?", he laughs bitterly as he sits on my sofa like it's his own house.

I bite my lip not to know what should answer him to prove him wrong.

"Then it might be your boyfriend", he shows his toothy smile but why his eyes are sad? Still I can't process to say it's not the true. But why should I even care? Why do I feel the urge to prove him wrong?

"Wanna talk with me about him?", he suggests me seriously.

"N-no. I'm fine", the response is really quick when I clearly see the frowns on his forehead. Why do I giving him false sign?

What am i feeling now?

Anger..

Loss...

Disappointed....

I feel none of these except confusion. Why Yibo come back to my life again?

With gritted teeth I transfer the omelet from the pan to one of plate . Then taking out one fork and knife from the cabinet I process to place it before Yibo who is smiling now seeing the plate.

Well before when Yibo was about to leave my apartment suddenly his stomach growled , signaling that he's hungry and I won't ever leave my guest with empty stomach. I told him to call his sister too so I can prepare for both of them .But he told me that Aoyue was already asleep and she ate the delivery food. So with a sigh I processed to the kitchen and made food for him.

I slam the plate onto the dinning table making a thud sound and totally surprise that I'm doing this childish act , so Yibo is surprised too.

I give him the pepper and sauce bottle. But I take back my left hand.

"Oh you don't like spicy flavor..right?", I tell him.

Yibo seems shocked that I still remember his preference but then there is a satisfied smile on his face. "Yes, I don't"

"Listen, I don't make it scary", I start and he looks up.

"Huh!"

"Just trying out it"

He pauses ..I stare...

Quiet..So quiet...

"Listen Yibo I-I.....

Something is rising inside my chest again..The pains ...the agony...the longing...But with them a loud thumping...

"You might not have loved me ..and I've no right to expect that too ...

b-but one phone call...

"I know", he whispers.

"Just one phone call Yibo..You could've told me onto my face "

My vision blurs as I choke once.

"I know Sunshine..I'm sorry", he looks painfully onto my eyes.

"I'm sorry..I really am".His voice is calm , so calm that clearly sense that his heart is aching .

"I wish I could be more perfect , more romantic before ..not to fuck up to apolozise now. But I'm fucked up.Sunshine , please forgive me, f-forgive me because that's all I can do now say sorry. I'm sorry"

I feel cold tears rolling down my cheeks .

"Please Sunshine , I'm sorry"

"Leave"

"Please"

"Please leave". I turn my back to him not wanting to show him my pathetic state.

"I'll come again sunshine until you forgive me", he mumbles before leaving my apartment.