🌻Sunshine 33🌻

3rd person POV

Yibo wakes up hearing something dropping sound. He squeezes and rubs his eyes to set with the sunlight.

"S-sorry, i didn’t mean to wake you up", Xiao Zhan repeats the words.

Tbh Yibo is surprised too.He didn’t expect Zhan will be there when he'll wake up. Last night was already enough, now he's overwhelming.

" Nah, it's okay. I was already up when you dropped the spoon", Yibo says casually not want to make the male guilty. "I'm going to  fresh ". Xiao Zhan stays at standstill until he hears the water sound from the washroom.

When Yibo comes back, his bed is made neat and clean,  curtains are carefully tied. He smiles broadly. Xiao Zhan is still the same. Actually Yibo is getting nervous too around Xiao Zhan, couldn’t think straight how to behave after last night.

His thinking cracks at Xiao Zhan voice.
" I make some soup and  egg fry. Eat it and take medicine ", he puts the tray on side table.

"I don't have fever now. But thanks for the food and for last night too", Yibo stirs the soup and starts eating already leaving Xiao Zhan stiffs.

"I know you didn’t eat yet. I'm fine now. You can take rest now Zhan", Xiao Zhan hesitates to say no 'i want to stay' but.....

" I'm okay. I just fulfill my duty as your neighbour . N-nothing else"

"By staying over night ?  Do you do it always with you every neighbour? " Yibo annoyedly says with a pity smike. "Must say you love your neighbours  a lot", Yibo nods his head at amusement.

" W-what! I don't do such thing", Xiao Zhan immediately protests.

"But last night you said you love me and I'm your next door neighbour ".
Xiao Zhan's eyes   widen at surprise. If it's not that serious situation Yibo may be rolls on the bed, laughing his lungs out seeing Xiao Zhan's reaction. But nothing like that happens. " You said you still love me", he repeats again.

"I h-have to go now".

" I know sunshine. Please don't go" The nervous male is about to run but his feets betrays him, glues on spot. What else could he do right now!  When his own heart is bleeding inside brutally.

"Will you sit here beside me and hear me out first?", Yibo sounds so pleading that it's impossible for Xiao Zhan to refuse. So without saying any reply he sits on the edge of Yibo's bed.

" I'm here. Finish your foods first", he calmly says.

  How could someone be so considerate and caring....

Finishing the soup Yibo takes two steps near to Xiao Zhan who is still sitting on there holding his breathe.

"Sunshine, I'm sorry. I don't know if this is the right time or right situation but i want to tell you right now. If this time will slips away too, if my vulnerability fades away,  i don't think i would have muster my courage again. So please let me say today and you can leave after that", Yibo asks Xiao Zhan permission to say further. He'll always respect the other decision.

Xiao Zhan nods curtly sensing there'll be no benefit to say no.

" I loved you four years ago and i never stopped loving not for a moment",Yibo psuses then starts again. I didn’t want to leave you that night b-but i've to Zhan. I'm sorry i wasn’t enough to protect our love. I was forced.. Hao Xuan,....

"Details ", Xiao Zhan demands sternly. Yibo sighs.

By the time Yibo stops telling Xiao Zhan everything,  a stone left from his chest.  If Xiao Zhan wants to leave now, slaps him, curses at him, he'll accept everything. But silence.. The dead silence Xiao Zhan is giving him, he can't take it, palpenting inside.

"Don’t you think i deserve to know?. Didn’t i have any right to take decision  about my life? Who're you think all along youself. Hao Xuan...Xuan is my friend too. And why didn’t i know that your dad forced you? What do you take me Yibo?", he fists his hands,  eyes are burning not on anger but  at guiltiness. Thinking he was the hinder of Yibo's life. Yibo was in dilemma between him and Hao Xuan life. How could his mere life made such fusion.

" I'm sorry Zhan. I  don't deserved forgiveness. But if possible.... Only if possible..... Just remember i still love you.  It’s unchangeable ", Yibo states firmly.

Xiao Zhan relax his stiffen body hearing Yibo's remark. "I may not have any  fever now but your touch is still burning my skin. Your kiss still lingers on my mind", Yibo takes Xiao zhan hands onto him. " You said you love me. You mean it, nah Zhanzhan", Yibo sobs a little.

Left Yibo utter surprised, Xiao Zhan takes his hand back. "I've to go now", he stands up. Yibo smiles bitterly. His heart wrecks on seeing Xiao Zhan really turns his back to him.

It must be the simplest punishment he's giving me but it hurts the most.....Yibo leans his back and closes eyes from dropping the salty water.

10 mins has been passed Xiao Zhan enters his own washroom,  looking deeply at the mirror as if he's trying to read his own eyes. Is there guilt, regret,  harted,  sympathy or love???

No, there isn’t any room for hating Yibo. He was mad,  worried, shocked but never hate Yibo till today. Then what is it he's seeing now onto Yibo's eyes.

Self-guiltiness but no regratiion. Others might be think how could someone be so shameless wgo doesn’t have any regret but claim love you profoundly.  But that the thing bothers Xiao Zhan now. He was definitely hurt more than now when he didn’t know the whole picture. But Knowing everything he realises now how responsible Yibo was at his 19 years old, handled everything,  engraved all pain with himself.

Would i the same if i were Yibo's place? That question is haunting him.

The imagination makes him teary.

"Your father~~~"

Yibo jolts opens his eyes when Xiao Zhan's questing voice  echoes the silentl room.

"SUNSHINE..."

"Your father....Will you fight for us this time?", Xiao Zhan says again but more correctly.

" ZhanZhan...will you really give me a chance?", Yibo chockes on his cries.

"I didn’t say that. Give me the answer first. Will you?", Yibo nods furiously without any thoughts.

" I will...i will... Just fo-forgive me ". Xiao Zhan takes his step towards Yibo, sits with face to him. He slowly reaches out his hand to touch Yibo's face.

First droplet  of tear dropping from Yibo's eyes when Xiao Zhan softly caresses his cheek.

" Sunshine.."

"Kiss me... "

  .............

"Kiss me Bobo", he murmurs so softly making Yibo totally teared up.

Xiao Zhan leans to leave a simple  pecks on Yibo's forehead. But when he starts getting off, Yibo pulls him into a kiss.

His kiss lingers, making Xiao Zhan closes his eyes until a breath escapes from his parted mouth.

"I love you Sunshine ", Yibo pulls back for a second enough to look Xiao Zhan's flusterd face and then presses his lips against his. He kisses his love of life then and there, squeezes his eyes shut and the only thing making him dizzy is Xiao Zhan's plump, warm and soft lips against his.

Xiao Zhan takes  few more seconds to wrap his hands around Yibo's neck and kisses him back. The four years of agonies are melting through the sweet kisses. " I love you.....I love you so much Zhanzhan", Yibo muffles on kisses.

Xiao Zhan wraps up his hand more tightly not letting themself apart.

"I love you too Bobo", his sobs are cutting between deep kisses.

Who wants to murder this author?  Let's raise your hand together 🙋‍♀️