Chapter 4

*This is quite a mess. You're having three POVs here. I'm so sorry for the mess in this chapter.

Minghao POV

While waiting for her to get ready, I decided to have a talk with Jihoon so I went to his room. I stopped in front of Jihoon's reading room. I knocked on the door and I heard a soft 'come in'. I twisted the door knob and walked inside.

"Come, have a sit." The alpha called me. I raised my head and walked towards his reading table. He was already there, sitting on his chair.

"Alpha, it's about the omega."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Anything about her?"

I shook my head. "She said nothing at the moment. But I don't think she would cause us any harm." "Listen Xu Minghao. It's my job to keep the pack safe. It's our job to keep everyone safe. And it starts within the mansion. I don't want to bring in the enemy into our place." Jihoon said to me.

"I will take responsibility." I told him. He looked at me with a cold stare. "Explain."

I let out a sigh. This guy is hard to deal with. "I'll talk to her okay? Once she's okay, I will personally send her back."

I noticed the alpha was about to say something but I beat him, "And if she's the enemy, I'll risk my life to stop her."

Jihoon stared at me again. "You know...I don't like the idea of losing you but deal!" I smirked, "I know you hate me. It's okay. Just say it." I said to him.

"You're kidding right? Hate you? Where else can I find someone as kind as you? Who else can withstand my temper? No one. Only you. There's no reason for me to hate you, Hao. I'm just joking." He said to me with a small smile.

Somehow, I'm glad to hear that from him. And he was smiling too. It means that he really means what he said. It's hard to see the alpha smile especially to a guy.

"But remember your promise. Make sure she talks." Jihoon's face went back to his expressionless face. I nodded, "I understand, alpha." I bowed at him.

Just then knocks were heard on the door and someone walked in. "Uhm, Minghao sir. The omega lady is ready." She announced. I nodded, "Thank you. I'll be there. Keep her accompany till then." I told the lady and she nodded before she left the room.

I turned to Jihoon, "Well, I guess my task starts now." "Yes it is." Jihoon nodded. I bowed to him before I walked out from the room.

I walked to the guest room. I could smell something good, something nice. My knuckles hit against the hard wood door, making a rapid knocks.

The door was opened for me and some of the female pack members bowed to me and I acknowledge them. From the corner of my eyes, I could clearly see her. She was sitting on the edge of the bed. I dismissed everyone else, telling them I need to speak with her privately.

After everyone else left the room, I slowly walked towards her. She seems okay. She's not in fear anymore and I could feel that. I looked at her from head to toe. Well, she's a real beauty. Her shiny, clean, long black hair, her fair skin, she soft pink lips, her slender fingers.

"Hi." I smiled at her as I stood in front of her. She gave me a small nod. "Can you speak?" I asked her directly. She didn't respond. I smiled, "It's okay. Can I sit?" I pointed at the empty space next to him. She gave me a hesitant nod. "Don't worry. I'll mind my gap." I made a guess and she seems a little bit more relax.

I silently frowned. Guess she's not uncomfortable around people.

I left quite a gap before I sat down.