Chapter 20

Third Person POV

Days passed normally at the Bloodmoon Canine mansion. Jihoon made a few attempt in getting close to Y/n and she only allowed him to do so only a few times. She couldn't give in to his trials since Minseo was there with him most of the time. And she was giving her this glare.

She hates to admit it but being a rank lower that Minseo, Minseo's presence is a little bit intimidating to the omega. Her presence made the omega feel unsafe.

"Hey..." a voice called her.

She looked up from her book. A smile appeared, "Minghao oppa." He took a seat on the garden chair next to her, "What are you reading?" he asked her.

She showed him a book, "Just another book ... I found in the library."

"You spent a lot of time in the library aren't you?" he asked her. "Well... a certain someone...doesn't like my presence. The library.... Is like my bomb shelter."

Minghao pressed his lips into thin lines. He knows well who this certain someone is. Minseo. Almost everyone in the mansion knows Minseo doesn't like the female omega. But they can't do anything about it. She's Jihoon's relative. He couldn't just kick her out of the mansion.

Minghao cleared his throat. "Do you...want to go for a run with me?" he asked her. She stared into spaces for a moment.

It's been a while since she shift. The last time she's been in her wolf form was when she ran away from that place. And after that, she never shift.

"Y/n?" Minghao called her again. Then only she snapped from her daydream. "Yeah...I'll go." "You'll be okay right?" he asked worriedly and she gave him an assuring nod, "I'll be fine...besides, you're...going to be there too."

Minghao nodded. "I won't leave your side, Y/n." She nodded with a small smile, "Thank you... and oppa...can I hug you? I mean, it's been a while...and you are so comforting...so I-" "Y/n." Minghao looked at her. "You can hug me anytime, angel. Come here." With that Minghao gently wrapped his hands around the female.

Y/n snuggled against him. "Like cotton blanket." She smiled. Minghao chuckled, "Is that how my hug feels?" he asked her and she nodded. He was happy that he got to be the closet person to Y/n. He's glad that she's willing to tell him about herself.

But there is something she hasn't tell him and she's been avoiding it.

Her past. Where did she go after her pack got attack? What happen to her those year before he found her?

Jihoon POV

I clenched my fist in anger as I watched my beta hugs my omega, my mate. Everything is so painful right now.

I couldn't hold her in my arms. I couldn't kiss her. I couldn't hug her. And she wants me to reject her. Although she doesn't speak anything about it now, I just feel she's having a difficulty in letting me into her heart.

What do I do?

"What's wrong Jihoon oppa?"

I rolled my eyes at that voice. "Knock before you enter, Minseo." I turned to find she's walking towards me. "Why? You were fine before." She said.

"Because I want you to see the boundaries between families and pack rank. This is my reading room. This is where I do my work and some of it are confidential. I want you to stop coming in and out of my room and my reading room as you like. Knock before you come in. Whatever it is, I'm still your alpha."

"And I'll be your Luna."

I frowned. What the hell is she talking about?

"No. You misunderstand things here. You are not going to be a Luna, Minseo, at least not my Luna. You are not my mate." I told her. She nestled me and hugged me. "Well, you can reject your mate right? You're an alpha. You can do that. Reject her. I love you more that she will, Jihoon oppa."

"Minseo, listen-"

My nose then caught a scent out of my reading room. Two scents actually but the other one is Minghao's scent. And the other one...it's Y/n.

Without knocking, the sweet scent burst into Jihoon's reading room. His eyes widened in surprise, "Yn-Y/n wait-" "I was thinking about giving you chance-" Y/n looked at him before her eyes wondered to Minseo's hand around him then back at Jihoon. "But I guess you don't need the chance... I told you to do it!"

"Y-Y/n?" Minghao walked up right next to her. He was surprise to find Y/n acting that way. She's just an omega and was not supposed to be too intimidating. But right now, not only Jihoon, even Minseo and Minghao could feel Y/n's changes in her attitude.

She was getting aggressive and blunt. The shy and humble Y/n is long gone.

Jihoon pulled away from Minseo and stormed to Y/n. He held onto Y/n's shoulder, "Y/n, listen. It's not what-" "Save it alpha." Y/n narrowed her eyes at Jihoon. "Reject me." Y/n added while glaring a Jihoon. She said it with a low, soft, whispering voice which is enough for Jihoon and her to hear. Little she knew, Minghao heard her.

Y/n roughly pulled away from Jihoon and stormed out from the room. Everyone fell into dead silent.

Minseo suddenly spoke. "What the hell is wrong with her?" "Leave, Minseo." Jihoon said. "Huh? What-" "LEAVE!" Jihoon had to use his alpha voice to kick her out from the room.

Minseo had no choice but to obey so she rushed out from the room, leaving the young alpha and his beta.

Minghao looked at Jihoon, "Alpha..." Jihoon kept his head lower, looking at the floor. "What was that, alpha? Reject her?" Minghao asked.

Jihoon bit his lips.