Chapter 23

Third person POV

"Y/n!" Mingyu ran into the kitchen. At that time, she was preparing breakfast. "Good morning, Mingyu oppa." She smiled. "Sorry angel but can I have my breakfast? I'm late now." Mingyu said. "I know...Minghao oppa left for the meeting...15 minutes ago. So here." She handed him a cup of coffee with some toast.

He frowned at his breakfast.

"Minghao oppa said ...to be hurry. He did asked me to... prepare a complete meal ...for you when you get home. He wants you...to eat this first." Y/n explained to him and he just nodded. He knows Minghao is a punctual person and he definitely doesn't like others to be late.

"Jihoon hyung? Has he left yet?" Mingyu asked.

"No, I'm still here." Just then Jihoon walked into the kitchen. 

Y/n's face flushed in red. After their talk in the kitchen the other day, she felt lighter.

"You're late too?" Mingyu frowned because that is so not like the alpha. Because just like the beta, the alpha is also a punctual person. "Overslept." Jihoon grabbed a glass and handed it to Y/n. "Good morning." He smiled at her, making her blush even more.

"Morning." She took the glass and poured him orange juice. He took it and gulped down the content hurriedly. He left the glass on the counter, "Hurry up, Kim Mingyu." Jihoon said before he headed out from the kitchen.

Y/n ran after him, "Al-Alpha..." she pulled his sleeve. Jihoon turned sideways, "Y/n?" "Y-You...uhm here..." she pushed a toast to his lips. "Eat something... I'll cook...something when you...get home." She stuttered.

Jihoon bite onto the toast before he took it from her hand. His other hand reached for Y/n's face and gently stroke her cheek. "We both are going to do just great." He said and she couldn't help but to nod. "I'll see you in few hours okay."

She nodded again.

Since Taehee is having heat, she couldn't leave her room. Dino was with her to keep her calm. Most of the wolves in the pack is either went to the meeting or went to work. Y/n decided that it's best to spend her time alone in the library. She kept her eyes glued on a book, reading it through all those pages.

Almost 2 hours passed and she grew numb all over. She closed the book and left the library. On the hallway, she met someone she doesn't want to. 

Lee Minseo.

Y/n tried to ignore the fact that she's shaking inside. Minseo could do anything to her now that there's no one around them. 

And she was right.

As the two female passed by each other, Minseo grabbed Y/n's throat and slammed her against the wall rather harshly. She bared her fangs at the female omega.

"You pissed me off!" Minseo hissed. Y/n on the other hand was struggling to get away from Minseo's grip. She's losing her breathe.

"Remember your place, omega. You deserve nothing here. You're just an omega!" Minseo hissed at her before she let Y/n go. She felt on the carpeted hall, panting hardly due to insufficient of oxygen.

Minseo glared at her one last time before she walked away.

Y/n had tears brimmed but she held it in. She couldn't cry, not out there. With her legs still shaking from what happen a moment ago, she forced herself to her room. There, she cried her eyes out.

That night, Y/n went down for dinner wearing a turtle-neck shirt. Everyone was frowning when they see Y/n's appearance. "Are you okay, Y/n?" Joshua asked. She only nodded silently.

"I'm sure she's having cold. Aren't you, Y/n?" Minseo narrowed her eyes at Y/n, giving her a warning look. Y/n just nod silently.

After dinner, she changed into her pajama. Looking at her reflection, she could clearly see there's handprint around her neck.

*this is not good. I can't wear turtle-neck shirt for whole week.* she sighed.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Y/n's eyes widened in surprise. *who's there? No one can see me with this mark.* she grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her neck. She then went to open the door.

It was Minghao. He frowned when he saw Y/n. "You're okay?" he asked. She nodded. "Yes. Do... you need... anything?" she asked him. "Well, me and the alpha are going for a hiking tomorrow morning. Do you want to come along?" he asked.

"Is everyone...else going?"

Minghao shook his head. "No one's free tomorrow morning. Dino need to stay with Taehee. Mingyu, Shua hyung and Seungkwanie need to do some grocery shopping."

"Won't I...be a trouble?" She asked him. He scoffed, "Please, you were never a trouble Y/n." Minghao then smiled at her.

She returned the smile. "Okay."

"Great! We see you at 7 tomorrow morning okay?"

"Sure."

"Good night, Y/n."