Chapter 25

Third person POV

After getting an immediate check up from the pack's doctor, Y/n was rushed to the nearest hospital for further treatment. And Jihoon was right about one thing; it's not just a sprained ankle. She had a minor fracture on her ankle bone. After putting a cast on her leg, she returned home with Minghao.

Minghao gently laid her on her bed. He placed a cushion beneath her casted leg. "Remember, do not walk around. Call us if you need anything." Minghao told her. "But... I want to-" "No, Y/n. Remember what the doctor said. It's only for 3 weeks (a/n: it takes at least 6 weeks for normal human but since they're wolves with healing rate higher than human, I cut it to half). It won't be long. And until then, do not walk around okay." Minghao warned her.

She sighed. "Okay..."

Minghao looked at her in concern. He asked, "Do you...do you want me to get the alpha here?" "No. He's probably busy...with Minseo. Let him be." Y/n pressed her lips into thin lines.

"Okay." Minghao cleared his throat. "I'll make sure to bring your food for lunch. And I'll inform everyone about this." "You don't...have to. It's nothing...serious." Y/n kept her head lowered. "But I'm sure Taehee would freak out if she see you in this condition." Minghao brought up Taehee's name. She's been Y/n's weakness.

She sighed, "Fine. Do ...what you think...is best, Minghao oppa."

He smiled before he gently ruffled her hair. "You should take some rest." "I will." Naturally, Y/n took off the scarf around her neck, revealing the handprint to Minghao, forgetting the fact that she's hiding something underneath the scarf.

"What's that?" Minghao asked as he pointed at the mark. Y/n quickly covered her neck when she realised the mistake she made. "It's n-nothing."

Minghao pulled her hand away. He bared his fangs while his eyes still glued on the handprint, "Who did this to you?!" Y/n could smell his scent is changing. Her hand was shaking in his grip, that's how angry he is. "Answer me, Kim Y/n!" Minghao said in pure anger.

"M-Min-seo-" "That bitch!" Minghao turned to leave but Y/n quickly throw her hands around him, stopping him from leaving. "No! Please!" she begged him.

"She touched you! She tried to kill you!!"

"But I'm ...still alive. It's no big deal." She added. "It is! And I need to tell the alpha about this!" Minghao said. "No, please. Not...him. He wouldn't...believe it." Y/n said. "Y/n-" "Please Minghao oppa." She begged him again.

The door to her room flew open with an impact. "I knew it!" Jihoon was there baring his fangs at the sight on his mate with someone else. "I could smell both of you!" He strode towards Minghao, pushed him away from Y/n and punched him on his face.

"No, Alpha!" Y/n wanted to go and help Minghao but she couldn't move. "I told you not to touch her, didn't I?!" Jihoon was about to punch Minghao again but stopped when the other male said something. "What if someone else touch her?!"

"Wh-What?" Jihoon was puzzle. "Someone-" "Minghao oppa no!" Y/n called him out. Both males looked at her. Minghao shook his head, "Sorry Y/n." He turned back at Jihoon. "Look at her closely and you'll see something. Someone you care hurts someone you might love." Minghao said.

Jihoon gritted his teeth and went closer to the Beta. "There's no 'someone I might love' Beta. I do love her." he whispered enough for both of them to hear. Jihoon then got up from Minghao. "Leave us alone for now."

Minghao got up. He looked at Y/n one last time with an apologetic look before he stormed out from the room with a loud bang on the door.

Jihoon then walked to Y/n but he slowed down when he saw the omega was shaking, probably because of his scent. An alpha in rage has a strong scent. It's uncomfortable even for a beta. How worst can it be to an omega like Y/n? It's 10 times worse than what Beta felt.

Jihoon took a few moment to calm himself down. When he feels his anger subsided, he tried to walk closer to Y/n's bed. She didn't shaking as much as before, which is a good sign. Y/n had her head lowered and she was silently sob because she was still frightened from earlier.

Jihoon sat close to her. He gently tilted her chin so that she would look up at him. He examined her every feature on her face. Nothing's weird. He looked lower on her neck and he could feel his fangs protruding out. "Who did this to you?" he asked coldly. Y/n let out a soft sniffle.

Jihoon cupped her face gently and looked into her eyes. "Sweetheart, please tell me. Who is it?" "You...wouldn't...believe me." She sobbed. "Try me, Y/n." Jihoon said with determination.

"Mi-Minseo."

Jihoon felt his blood's boiling. He couldn't believe it! How could she do that to Y/n?!

He got up from the bed with his hand clenched tightly. Y/n grabbed onto his shirt. "Wh-Where are... you going?" "I'm going to talk to her." Jihoon said.

"N-No...I'm okay...now." "But I'm not! No one can hurt my mate." "Well you...hurt me." Y/n said to him. He looked at her in puzzle.

"You shouldn't...go to her... I thought we talk...about this. And yet...you chose to go...to her." she told him. "You urged me to help." "Because I saw...you were hesitating. You were... confused...you know you shouldn't be confused. Because...your mate is hurting...right in front of you. Minghao oppa...could take care of her. And you know that." Her face saddened.

Jihoon sat back again on her bed, now looking guilty. "Y/n, I'm sorry but she's my family." "And she's trying...to break us apart." Y/n let her tears fell. "If this keep going I can't give you anymore chances."

"No!" Jihoon cupped her face again. "Please, don't say that, Y/n. I really want us to happen. I don't care if Minseo is trying to break us apart because I won't let her. If anything happen, you are still mine, Y/n. I love you."

She blinked at him in puzzle. "Y-You...love me?" "I do. I love you, Y/n. And no, it's not because of this mate bond thing. I love you because of you. I love you for how cheerful you are, for how strong you are. Your presence in this place really brightened up our days. I love to see your smile, I like it when you're flustered. I love every little thing about you, Y/n. I love you." Jihoon confessed.

"I..." Y/n bite her lips. "I –lo-love you too...but...I want to know you better. I want to see more of...your expression. Not just...the cold face, the smirk. I want to see more of your smile, your tears...I want to learn everything about you."

"You will see that more in future, Y/n." Jihoon softly smiled at her. "But right now..." he inched closer to her. "I want to kiss you. Can I?" he had the audacity to ask her that after both of them confessed.

She gave him a small nod and Jihoon was more than happy with her answer. He was delighted, excited and everything in between.

He leaned in closer and brushed his lips against hers. Her breathe hitched. "I won't hurt you, Y/n." Jihoon softly said as his finger gently rubbed her cheek. "I'll be gentle with you." with that Jihoon gently pressed his lips on hers.

Both of them felt sparks throughout their whole body. That's how powerful mates' first kiss could be. It's just a simple kiss but it almost drove Jihoon crazy. Having his mate's lips against his, it's something he never thought he would get.

He applied more pressure on the kiss and Y/n didn't complain about it. Jihoon tried his luck by grazing his tongue on her lips, asking for entrance. To his surprise, Y/n easily comply with his request.

Y/n held onto his strong arms when he started to explore her mouth, leaving her breathless. He then broke the kiss and went for her neck. He gently kissed and sucked on her neck, right on where the handprint was. He left a few hickeys there. Y/n let out a few soft groans and moans calling out for the alpha.

Jihoon finally pulled away and looked at her neck with a satisfaction smile. "Now you have reason to cover that." He said and Y/n blushed madly at his words. She knew he left a lot of marks on her skin.