Chapter 19

Third person POV

The Nightwalkers pack came by for dinner. And this time they make sure not to leave out Y/n. Seokmin and Hoshi got a lot closer with Y/n. She could talk freely with both of them. She has yet to grow fond with the other pack members.

The Nightwalkers members were all aware of what happened to Y/n last few days and they make sure not mention anything about suicide or anything that would remind her of self-harming. They only talk about good and sweet things to her and she's happy with it.

While everyone is having dinner, Y/n decided to take hers later since she's not hungry. So she went to the mansion's pool, sit on the side with both of her legs in the water.

Y/n took her time and stared at the night sky. She was too focus on the sky that she didn't noticed someone nestled her.

A sudden cold on her cheek made her turned to the other side. Her eyes widened in surprise, "Al-Alpha..." she was about to get up but Jihoon sat down next to her. "Here, for you." Jihoon handed her a can of cold drink.

She didn't move.

"Hey, it's okay. You can have this." Jihoon nodded. With shaky hands, she took the can from the alpha.

Despite talking to the alpha several times and sometimes, being too straight forward with him, she still scared of the young alpha. And their current close distance didn't help either.

"Th-Thanks....alpha." nevertheless, she thanked him.

Jihoon sighed, "Y/n, stop calling me that. We're mates. We're on the same level now so stop degrading yourself." He turned to look at her but she didn't say anything else. Instead, she changed the topic.

"So...what are you...doing here? Aren't you supposed...to be with them?" she asked. "Nah, I'm done with my food. I'll let them have their time with each other." He told her. Y/n pressed her lips for a moment before she asked, "What about Minseo? Won't...she go out here...to find you?"

Jihoon looked at Y/n, "Y/n, I told you. I have nothing to with her. I don't care about her." "You...do you...really have no intention of...rejecting me?" Y/n asked him.

Jihoon looked straight into her eyes. Her eyes now hold his whole world, his whole galaxy. "Not even a bit." He spoke. "In fact, I want to get to know you." he added.

He then held his hand to her, "I'm Lee Jihoon and I'll turn 24 soon."

Y/n looked at his in hesitant. Jihoon gave her a little nod. She reached up and shook his hand, "You know...my name so...I'm...20." She said to him.

After that awkward and weird self-introduction, they just sat there and talked about things. Well, mostly Jihoon did the talking even though he's not the type that talk much but he couldn't let Y/n do the talking. He knows she's not used to have him around. He knows.

They talked for a bit more when Minseo suddenly appeared with her annoying voice, calling for Jihoon.

"I sh-should leave-" Y/n was about to get up but Jihoon held onto her hand tightly. "Stay." He whispered enough for only two of them hear.

Jihoon turned around, "What do you want, Minseo? Can you see I'm busy?" "Busy? With what? I see nothing that could make you busy." Minseo said slightly rolling her eyes. "Just tell me what do you need, Minseo." Jihoon started to grow annoyed with her.

Minseo rolled her eyes, "Seungcheol oppa and the others are staying here tonight."

Jihoon frowned, "That's all? Minseo, you know they can stay if they want and I don't need to be informed about this. This is their second home."

"Just what is wrong with you, Jihoon oppa? You were never like this with me before!" Minseo's eyebrows frowned as she spoke to Jihoon. "Is it because of that omega?" she asked.

"Minseo, enough."

"So it's true huh?! It's because of her. Oppa, she just an omega!"

"Silence!" Jihoon roared in his alpha voice.

Minseo went to a dead silent at once. Being a rank below than Jihoon, she is to obey the alpha despite the family ties they shared.

Jihoon felt something in his hand. He looked down at his hand, intertwined with Y/n's. She was shaking. He was utterly surprise, "Shit! Y/n! I didn't mean it. Damn!" he then turned back to Minseo. "Leave now!"

Without wasting anymore minute that could anger the alpha, Minseo turned around and stormed back into the mansion.

Jihoon turned back to Y/n. She was crying, probably surprise that Jihoon used his alpha voice. Even though the words aren't meant for her but his words still affect her as she's on the lowest rank in the hierarchy. She was meant to submit. She was meant to fear the alpha.

Jihoon's hand slowly cupped her face and gently turned her face towards him, "Y/n, look at me." He called her but she keep looking away from him. "Y/n, please. I didn't mean it. Those words are not for you, Y/n."

Y/n couldn't hear him as she was engulf in fear.

Jihoon rested his forehead against hers. "Please stop crying, Y/n. I'm your mate. I won't scare you like that anymore. I'm sorry."

Y/n POV

I slowly calmed down and I can feel he is relief about it. I could feel the change in his scent. I've been getting various changes in his scent tonight. He smells different when he was with me, after that the scent changes when Minseo appeared, and it changes again during his outburst. And now his scent changes a bit. This time it smells more like his own scent. That's when I know he calmed down.

"You're okay now?" he asked me so I nodded. "I'm sorry, Y/n." He apologised again.

I slowly opened my eyes and was surprise a bit when I learnt that we're really close to each other. I didn't even realised when he leaned closer to me. Our nose brushes against each other.

Normally I would freak out because that's how they tried to get in my pants. But with him, I feel calm. It's comforting to be close to him. He makes me feel at home.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n." He said with his eyes close. "It-It's okay..." I forced the words out. He made me forget my words.

He then slowly opened his eyes and looked straight into my eyes. "You know..." his hand gently stroke my cheek. "I could easily kiss you right now." He said.

My heart raced when I heard he said that.

"But I won't. I'll wait for the right time." He pulled away from me but he let his hand intertwined with me. "At least let me hold onto your hand, okay?" he asked and I just nodded.

After spending 4 years with those lustful wolves, for once, I feel safe being around an alpha.

And it feels nice.

Author's note : After not updating for 2 weeks, I'm back with a short update. I'm really sorry for not updating. I'm busy with my works and it's race against time. I only managed to write this much this time. I'm really really really sorry. I will finish my works fast and hopefully I get to update sooner. Thank you for still reading this.