Chapter 18

WARNING! MENTIONING OF SUICIDE

Third person POV

The next few days were gloomy at the Bloodmoon Canines mansion. Everyone was being cautious. Jihoon had the pack member to remove any sharp objects from Y/n's room. He made sure she is accompanied by someone at all time.

For the time being, Taehee is sleeping with her every night. They would talk about everything. But Y/n never said a word about the reason she did that. And they didn't say anything about it as well. They just glad that Y/n started talking to the others.

Y/n walked into the kitchen to cut some apples. Through the windows, she watched as Mingyu ran around with Taehee in their wolf form. She was begging him to accompany her that evening and being loving and good brother he is, he agreed.

Y/n found herself smiling as she watched them. She placed small pieces of apple she had cut onto a plate and pushed the knife away. But something stopped her from her leaving.

The knife

She pulled up her sleeve and looked at the scar there which she got a week ago. As if she is possessed, she grabbed the knife and brought it closer to her wrist.

Y/n closed her eyes as she pressed the knife onto her skin.

Out of sudden she felt another presence behind her. A hand grabbed onto her hand from behind, stopping her from whatever she's doing.

"What are you doing, Kim Y/n?" the cold voice asked.

Y/n's body shook in fear. She knew the voice. "Al-Alpha." "I asked you a question, Kim Y/n. What are you doing?" Jihoon asked her coldly as he swiftly took away the knife from her grip.

"I-I...I'm cutting some...apples."

"That doesn't look like an apple to me." Jihoon nodded at her wrist. Y/n lowered her head in embarrassment and fear. She got caught again.

Jihoon sighed. "Why are you doing this, Y/n? Did we upset you?" "N-No, it's not-"

"Did I upset you?" Jihoon asked her. She looked at him. "Are you doing this to yourself because I don't want to reject you? Is that it?"

She let her head lowered again. She had her lips pressed into thin lines, suppressing her tears.

Jihoon tilted her chin with his finger, making her looking up at him. "Is that why, Y/n?"

Y/n quickly looked away, "You...deserve better, alpha. I'm just...a mere omega." "Y/n-"

"Jihoon oppa!" Minseo walked into the kitchen. Jihoon rolled his eyes in annoyance, "What?"

Y/n quickly took the plate with apples and walked out from the kitchen.

Y/n clenched the fork in anger. Why?

Because Minseo was being extra clingy to Jihoon. He tried to push her away but she just scoot closer to him.

"Minseo, can't you see the alpha is trying to eat?" Seungkwan asked in annoyance. "But he didn't say anything about it. So you better shut up." Minseo glared at Seungkwan.

"Minseo! Watch your words with the others. I don't like how you talk to them." Jihoon glared at her. Minseo rested her head on Jihoon's shoulder, "Auw, forgive me oppa."

"Y/n, you're bleeding." Minghao suddenly said. Everyone was looking at her but she was looking at Minghao in puzzle. "What are you saying oppa?"

Minghao pointed to her lips.

Y/n's hand went to touch her lips and she felt something wet on her finger. She looked at it and it was blood. She sighed. *did I bite my lips too hard?*

"I'm...I'm...going to my room. Thank you...for the food." She got up and bowed to everyone there before leaving the dining hall.

"Y/n." Someone called her. She turned to find Minghao. "Oppa..." he walked to her. "Are you okay?" he asked her out of concern. "Yea." She gave him a small nod. "Come here. Let me take a look." He tilted her chin. He let his finger traced her lips, looking at the cut. "Did you bite your lips, angel?" he asked.

"I might did." She answered. Minghao gently took her hand in his, "Everything's okay?" Minghao asked her again and she nodded. "Minghao, Y/n." Jihoon walked out from the dining hall. Both Minghao and Y/n turned to look at him. "Everything's good?" he asked them.

"Yes. I'm just checking on her." Minghao softly looked at Y/n with a soft smile. Jihoon looked between Minghao and Y/n before his eyes landed on their intertwined hands.

Jihoon cleared his throat, "You would want to go back in and finish your food." "What about you?" Minghao asked him. "I'm done with mine. I don't eat much remember?" Jihoon said to Minghao and he just gave a small smile to the alpha.

Minghao looked back at Y/n. "I'll stop by your room after this okay?" Y/n nodded. And after that Minghao walked back into the dining hall.

"What was that?" Jihoon asked her. "Nothing." She answered him shortly. "Holding hand with him is nothing? Really Y/n?" Jihoon frowned.

Y/n looked at him with a slight glare. "Having another woman cling onto you... most of the time is nothing? Really?" she asked him. Her questions stunned him. She realised what she just said to the alpha. But it's too late to apologise.

"I told you to....reject me. Do it fast...so both of us don't have...to be in pain. Then ...you can be with whoever...you want." Y/n said to him.

It is common for wolves, especially if they're mates, to feel pain and hurt when they see their mate being intimate with someone else. Once they reject each other, they can freely choose whoever they want to spend their life with.

"I want no one else but you, Y/n." Jihoon looked at her with a stern looked. "Well...your cousin want you...more than I do." She told the young alpha with a straight face. She then bowed her head to him, "Good night alpha."

Jihoon clenched his fist out of frustration.