ᕗchapter 1

chapter 1

"oi! wake up! how long are you gonna sleep? wake up!" as the voice became louder and audible,

young tanjiro wakes up, standing in front of him were people he didn't know.

"wh- who are these peop-" before young tanjiro can finish the sentence the kakushi pushed his head onto the ground.

"you're in the presence of the hashiras." tanjiro looked up at them, 'where am i now?'

"protecting a demon is a clear violation of the code! we're within our rights to deal with him on our own!"
flame hashira: rengoku kyojuro

"in that case, i'll be glad to decapitate him flamboyantly. i'll show you the most flamboyant blood spray you'll ever see."
sound hashira: uzui tengen

"you'd kill such an adorable child? that pains my heart! it fills me with anguish."
love hashira: kanroji mitsuri

"the poor soul. i pity him for being born at all."
stone hashira: himejima gyomei

"that cloud. what was the name of it again?"
mist hashira: tokito muichiro

'where's nezuko?! nezuko!'

"these are the ten highest-ranking swordsmen in the demon slayer corps." the kakushi stated.

'nezuko! zenitsu! inosuke! murata-san!'

"kamado tanjiro. why are you accompanied by a demon?" one of the hashiras asked.

"she's-- she's my--" poor boy couldn't finish his sentence as he started dry coughing.

one of the hashiras grabbed a gourd (?) with water in it and offered it to him. which tanjiro accepted.

"you've injured your jaw, so please drink slowly."
blood hashira: tomioka y/n

'y/n-chan so kind!' the love hashira thought.

as tanjiro finished drinking, one of the hashira asked once again. "now then, kamado tanjiro?"

"she's my little sister! when i was away, my family got attacked by a demon! and when i got home they were all dead.

my sister got turned into a demon, but she's never devoured anyone! and she never will! she'll never hurt humans no matter what!"

"spare us your absurd ravings, i can't trust a single word you're saying. i, for one don't believe you."
serpent hashira: iguro obanai

"do you guys really think we can handle this?" the other hashiras looked at the love hashira.

"i do have my doubts, you know. i just can't imagine the master being in the dark about this situation. do you really think its okay to deal with him without the master's permission?" she clarified.

"well, tomioka-san did save them both when i was about to kill his demon sister." they all looked at giyuu.

'tomioka-san standing far away from us is so cool!'

"..."
water hashira: tomioka giyuu

"well then, that can't be helped."
insect hashira: kocho shinobu

tanjiro looked around worried but then stated,

"she'll fight as a demon slayer! to protect humans! so please-" his sentence got cut off by one of the hashiras,

"is that the moron slayer who's accompanied by a demon?"
wind hashira: shinazugawa sanemi

'shinazugawa-san!'

"please, put the box down." the blood hashira stated.

'y/n-chan looks mad!'

"hah? siding with them now?" the wind hashira asked.

"brother, please don't act out of the line." the blood hashira replied.

"what did you say about the demon, kid?" he said turning his attention to tanjiro.

"you know what we call that? a total delusion, moron!" he yelled as he grabbed his sword and stabbed right through the box.

tanjiro watched as his sister got stabbed in front of him, mad, he didn't care if he was talking to a hashira or not, he said,

"anyone who hurts my sister, i won't forgive them! a hashira or not!" he on full rage ran to sanemi,

sanemi swung his sword but tanjiro jumped on time.

"stop that right now! the master will arrive soon!" giyuu shouted.

but his words were completely ignored by the boy as he headbutted the wind hashira, both of them falling down as sanemi's nose started bleeding.

mitsuri snorted but quickly covered her mouth and saying, "pardon me.",  as for y/n, she looked away.

"he landed a blow on shinazugawa even when tomioka told him to stop." the serpent hashira said.

tanjiro had already gotten nezuko, as sanemi got up and grabbed his sword, "you little brat, i'll destroy you-"

before he could finish, he was interrupted. "the master has arrived." two identical girls announced at the same time.

the master made his way out of the door as the two girls came to support him,

"good morning, everyone. i wonder if the sky is blue. it pleases me that we've made it to our semiannual hashira meeting." the master had a peaceful smile on his face.

'what happened to his face? is he sick? no, so this man is the master' 

tanjiro got knocked out of his little thought as his face was now on the ground, he was confused but then saw all the hashiras kneeling down to the master.

everyone kneeled to the master as the wind hashira was the first one to state his greeting, "i am pleased to see you in good health, master."

"