ᕗchapter 45

chapter 45

"right now, the disease affecting our master kagaya has gotten worse. and he sends his apologies for being unable to attend this meeting in front of you all."

the hashiras bowed,

"understood... i will pray for oyakata-sama's flickering flame of life to last a bit longer, even for just a day. and for you to stay strong, amane-sama." gyomei stated.

"he would like to give his thanks to all the hashiras." amane replied.

"i'm sure you all have heard this, but we now have a demon who has conquered the sun, and she is here.

kibutsuji muzan has most likely altered his goals to go after her, so that he can conquer the sun himself. the time for an all-out battle is approaching."

she continued as the hashiras listened.

"also, we have reports of strange marks appearing on kanroji-sama and tokito-sama during their battles against upper moons four and five.

so i would like to ask you two about how you got those marks and what the conditions are to obtain them."

amane asked, the two hashiras thought it out.

"marks?" mitsuri questioned.

"during the sengoku era, there were some swordsmen of the first breath who were one step away from ending kibutsuji muzan. they all had marks that resembled demon crests."

!?

"this knowledge has been passed down though, so some people should know about this."

sanemi spoke up, "but i haven't heard of it. so why are we hiding this?"

"a lot of information about the marks became hazy with time. maybe because it was never laid out in stone back then.

and the demon hunters were on the verge of annihilation countless times, so perhaps the succession died out at some point."

she continued on,

"but we do have one piece of consistent knowledge about them. once one person has that mark on them, it starts spreading to others, as if they're resonating."

one of kagaya's children perked up, holding a book.

"that was how one of the swordmen of the first breath put it."

then amane continued, "as of now, the person who first had this mark was not any of the hashiras here. but kamado tanjiro.

he was the first one with the mark. but when we asked him, he had a hard time explaining how he received those marks."

it was like gaaah

and whiooo

and my belly went rumble rumble

"we could have left it off there, but then we got word that two of the hashiras received those marks as well. so please inform us, kanroji-sama, tokito-sama."

amane-sama is wonderful...

"o--okay!! so, like back then, my body was like super light. and uhhh uhhh, it was like, badaaam! and duurrr and budaah! then my heart went badum badum, and my ears went screee! and tinkle tankle too!"

mitsuri tried explaining, the ubuyashiki family looked at her questionably as well as the other hashiras.

sanemi looked at obanai as if asking 'this your girl?', obanai simply face palmed.