ᕗchapter 23

chapter 23

'stop this.'

"who the fuck are you?"

'im you, snap out of it! you can't do this!'

"bullshit, shut up. you're annoying me, i'm trying to eat."

ayuna demanded as the voice in her head vanished, as much as she was annoyed of the voice, she was also curious.

what does that voice mean by 'im you.' , all the thinking was making her head ache.

"a-ayuna oiran, where's the client?" one of the ladies asked as she saw the oiran walking down the halls

"ah! mika-chan, the client went on ahead, i was about to head to the master to give him the money."

"is that s-so? i'll give him the money, you can rest now."

mika shyly stated as she looked away from the oiran,

"how sweet of you, here, have some candy♡"

ayuna smiled as she handed her the bag of money and some candy, mika's eyes sparkled.

"don't eat it in one sitting, and also don't tell the others."

"y-yes!"

"now go on~"

mika nodded as she went on her way, ayuna lightly chuckled. everyone was wrapped around her finger.

as she was walking she heard someone playing the shamisen, she was impressed by this.

ayuna decided to head to where the sound was coming from, she saw a few ladies and a yellow haired 'girl' playing the instrument.

the ladies were talking about the yellow haired 'girl' so ayuna decided to join in.

"she's very skilled with the shamisen isn't she."

she suddenly spoke out, all the ladies turned to her in shock.

"a-ayuna oiran! its nice to see you!"

they all stated their greeting to her as ayuna lightly smiled, she then proceeds to walk towards the 'girl'.

"what's your name, dear?"

upon hearing and seeing the oiran, 'she' was shocked.

"z-zenko."

's-she... y/n-san!'

"zenko? how lovely."

'upper moon zero... y/n-san, i still can't believe it...'

"zenko, when you're done playing the shamisen... i would like to speak with you in my room."

ayuna calmly stated as she looked at zenko who was staring at her in horror.

'i like that look on every demon hunters' faces when they see me.'

"are you alright?"

"y-yes!"

"okay then, i'll see you later."

the oiran smiled as she left, leaving zenko horrified.

'this is bad, this is bad!'

fortunately for zenko, the oiran was occupied for the last two days, meaning ayuna couldn't talk to zenko alone.

zenko was relieved, ayuna isn't going to be back for another two days.

a lot has happened already, the madam of the house zenko was staying at, died.

somehow they said she fell from the window, but it looked more than that to the slayers.

now, is ayuna really not at the district?