Chapter Twenty-Five

(Y/N Point of View)

"Chris." I say, bursting through his office door. "Explain now." I take a seat across from him. 

"Y/N, we've known each other for years and been through some shit--hell we even have records of you." I tilt my head as he leans forwards. "We want to hire you, and I see that you're interested."

"I am." I sternly say.

"Before we sign you up, we're gonna need a few blood tests, and a full body scan." I raise a brow, knowing it's not normal blood test work. "Don't you question yourself sometimes?"

"Where are you getting at Redfield?" I say with anger forming.

"We could maybe cure you, if we had proper research of course." I look around, noticing one camera on the corner of the room. "Consider this a deal, we help you cure whatever it is and you work for us." Silence fills the room as I consider the offer. "Listen--"

"Okay." I state, feeling my anger leave my body.

"Alright, we'll start with you doing basic blood work." He stands up and quickly guides me out the office door. I stand up and follow Chris to their lab, I walk in seeing all the doctors ready for me. Did they know I would say yes? "Sit down."

"No, I'm not stupid. What's with the shackles?" I state, Chris turns around to look at me.

"It's for protection." He states, I cross my arms.

"So you think I'm a monster, that will kill anyone who touches me." Chris smirks and pokes me on the arm. 

"No. If we find anything unusual we are gonna try to stun the virus, stopping it completely until we get it settled for the next test." I strip myself from the extra clothing until I'm left with my shirt and pants. I walk and sit myself down on the chair, Chris nods and ties me down. 

"Never found you for the kinky type." I state, he smiles and gets a little red.

"Eh, it's my deepest darkest secret." He pats my arm and stands back, I watch one person turn around with a large syringe. "This first one, is going in one of your veins...on the neck."

"At this point, I'll just deal with it." I shrug my shoulders and watch Chris give the 'ok'. I watch as the man leans down, I wince feeling the needle go through. I close my eyes, and resist the feeling to turn my head. "You done yet??" I angrily ask the doctor.

"Finished." He says, I feel the needle being pulled out, the tension decreasing. Once out, I feel myself tired. 

I turn seeing an computer being extended from the wall, the doctors click on a few things until a separate window pops up. It was a full scan of my body, an inside look on what flows through my body. I watch as the yellow dot freezes, as I lean my torso forwards, squinting my eyes I feel a sudden sting. I yelp and look at the ceiling, feeling a reaction occur.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Chris leans over me, pushing my hair back as his face is startled by the sight.

"Chris, what the hell did you do!?" I state struggling to push those words out.

"We--we just stunned the virus." He then looks towards the doctors. "Sedate her!" I feel my body violently shake as another needle breaks through my skin. 

"Chris--Chris! Don't!" He shakes his head, as my eyes slowly close. "Please..." My eyes shut, and I just see pure darkness. 

For the first time, my stress and anxiety vanished....I felt different.

----------------------------------

"Y/N!" I open my eyes, seeing my boss in front of me.

"I need you to get me that virus sample, the outbreak is located in the White House." I turn to him.

"The White House? Are you trying to get me captured?!" I slam the table as he leans back.

"I am paying you aren't I? You are the best, so act like it." I grit my teeth, and pull out my device, seeing the objective from him. "Your deadline is in a few days, if I don't have that virus, then--well you know what happens."

"Will I get an escort? I did fly here, from Spain to Washington." I ask, he looks towards his guards, nodding in approval. "Pleasure doing business with you."