Chapter Thirty-Five

Everyday...everyday I have cried. The scene of Leon getting killed by him, replaying over and over in my head. At some point I've wished that I would've died too, that I would give up fighting and let it all be over.

How long can I keep going? How many more people will kill the ones I love? I lost everything, I almost lost everyone. My motivation is gone, I don't work anymore, I see no point.

I am tired.

Leon Scott Kennedy, I'm so sorry—I took you for granted, I took—I miss you, I love you.

Someone knocks on my door, I don't try getting up.

"It's open." I shout, taking another drink of my tequila. The door opening, as no voice responded back to me.

"Y/N L/N." The sultry, silky voice states. "Never would've thought I would see you drinking yourself to death."

"Easy way out, don't you think...Ada?" She scoffs, as I finish another bottle, mixing different liquor together in my stomach. I pull the bourbon closer to me. "Just leave."

"Now why would I do that?" She leans onto the counter, as I pour myself another glass.

"Why would you stay?" I ask, peering at her through my lashes.

"Touché" I hum, while taking a sip. "Have you talked to Redfield?"

"About what." I grit.

"Leon, you don't think Chris wouldn't update you if he was—" I snap, raising my voice.

"At the hospital, he told me Leon was unresponsive. He's dead, leave it at that." I finish the glass, grabbing the bottle to pour another. "I saw through his body...Ada, it was a clear hole, it was straight through his—" I cut myself off, and drown out the scene with more liquor.

"So you haven't checked properly." Ada snickers, and starts walking away.

"You're the one who gave him papers to where Nikolai was—or thought." My nostrils huff out air angrily. Ada stops in place, turning her head at me. "Don't play innocent, at the end of the day you lead him to his death by making him get involved in my business." As I drink away any sort of anger lingering. "Now the only thing I have to do is buy the casket, and set up the funeral." My hand grabs the remaining bottles, I flip the cup upside down and slowly walk over to our—my bedroom.

"L/N." I stop and look at her, watching her eyes glow dark. "Have you ever wondered why your eyes stayed the same color, since that day?" Silence fills the room, as the answer is unknown, time paused. "You should figure out why."

Her heels slam onto the floor, as my body leans on the door frame of the room. As I chug the bottle, the burning pain in my throat numbs my thoughts.

Bullshit.

I don't trust a word coming out of her mouth, never again. As I sit on the bed, I look over seeing where Leon used to sleep. I can't help but cry again, god I feel so dumb. These sheets have been stained with my tears too many times to count, and I still don't wanna wash his scent off. The musk of his pillow, the smell is stuck in my nose.

I will try again. I grab my phone, instantly dialing Chris, as he picks up, I quickly clear my nose from snot, and wipe my red eyes.

"Chris, I need a favor." As I drop the bottle off on the nightstand, I walk over to the living room.

"Y/N I don't know where he is—" I interrupt with sudden urgency.

"Test my blood." The silence continues. "I want to test everything in my body, my eyes have stayed the same shade of red ever since."

"Are you sure?" My breathing hitches, closing my eyes.

"Yes." His scent is everywhere, even on the couch, blankets, god even this stupid pillow. "Schedule me with Rebecca."

"I'll do it immediately, they should contact you as soon as possible." I hum as he silently ends the call, my screen slowly turns off as I place it beside me.

I miss you Leon. I miss you so damn much.